Frequent Dead Battery
By candance king on
2008 Toyota Prius Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
We have a company car also, so whenever I don't drive the Prius for ten days, I find a dead battery! I've used up my AAA for the year already, and have an expensive repair ($120) from trying to open the back hatch- you are completely locked out! No one ever warned us about this! Don't go on vacation w/o getting your car a babysitter!! Also, I want to complain about an irritating design feature: when driving at night, there is a bad glare, a green bar of reflection onto the windshield right where you look to drive from the the display! If the top frame of it was extended a little, like a hood, it wouldn't happen. And I can't fix it. Same problem in the daytime, gps screen needs shade- bleached out.
Favorite Features
GPS very good but you can't see it in the daytime without shading it, also, passenger can't find things while we're driving due to lockout safety. Bummer.
Suggested Improvements
As above. Hard clearance to get in & out, especially if short & seat pulled forward, knees hit bad when turning to get out. Back up camera distance unusable, too hard to translate to visible reality. If u call it parking camera, ok! Need drawers under passenger seats- can't see front end car!