2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 3.3L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:
Love it
By Inland Northwest on 07/11/09 15:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've had it 4 months and 5000 miles. It's awesome to drive, and has plenty of room for family of four (2 teenagers) and dog to go on vacation. More than that, you'd need a car-top carrier for stuff. Third row seat is okay. Our mileage has been pretty good; we're averaging 24-25 overall. 28 on highway and 23 or so in town (we live in a small, very hilly town so anywhere we need to go is uphill and less than a mile away. Doesn't help us take advantage of hybrid very well). It drives beautifully. When we need to merge we turn off "econ" and boy, do we zoom. It's more comfortable than any car I've owned (including other Toyotas).

Still early, but lovin' it!
By wvgasguy on 12/02/08 06:17 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm at about 1000 miles and still breaking it in. Averaging 24.5 in winter weather so extremely happy with that. Traded a Camry Hybrid in after 63,000 miles so I know how to maximize this from the "get go". It's so much more functional than the Camry, and I wanted an awd for the wife who is now driving daily in all types of weather and needs the space to haul the grandkids around. I am pleasantly surprised at how much more comfortable it is over the TCH. It is extremely versatile yet an economical vehicle to drive. You do have to "baby it" to maximize the mileage, but even my wife is getting around 23.5 and she does nothing special.