2002 Toyota ECHO Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
I Love my Echo at the Gas Pumps
By Dawn on 04/27/06 20:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my ECHO. I get close to 50 mpg. With the prices of gas today, it only takes $20.00 to fill her up. It's a fun car to drive and is very reliable. I am sad that Toyota is not making Echo's any longer for the US. I actually got a letter from the Dealer wanting to buy this car back. I hope to have this car for many years.

Great Second Car to Drive...
By Ken on 10/19/05 13:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love the vehicle... it's what you are looking for in a compact car... great gas mileage, roomy front seats, great engine power for the size, and reliable.

LOVE IT!!
By MikeyF on 10/14/05 11:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've always liked the Echo and my Taurus (great car) was finally fixing to die. Managed to get a white, 2-door, 5- speed, and I love it. Faster to 60 than my V6 Taurus, roomy as it's tall if short, and great economy. Everything about it is well designed and quality made. I'm a BIG guy and it fits me well. Also excellent view of the road. TONS of storage. They really thought this one out.

laugh if you want to . . .
By jekyl on 06/07/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I was looking for the cheapest new car available. I had owned an '81 Tercel and I loved it. I figured the Echo took up where the Tercel left off. I loved the Echo immediately. 40 mpg, no trouble, fast, lots of fun to drive. Have a hard time not speeding with the get up and go manual transmission. If I can manage to get 3 kids' carseats into the back seat (which will be difficult, but possible) I'll never get rid of it. I might get laughed at because of the way the car looks, but I laugh every time I pass a gas station full of gas guzzling SUVs in the urban jungle. It's too bad they're not making Echo's anymore. It's a great little car.

This thing is a blast!
By Nuanu on 01/27/05 11:54 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The reviewer said the Echo suffers from cartoon- like styling. I say that's the whole idea. My Echo is like driving a cartoon. Never have I had a vehicle with absolutely *no* features--mine doesn't even have power steering--that is so delightful. It's so impressive, it's a joy to drive. Just bought it last week with 16k miles. I [a designer] am quite impressed with all the thought that went into making this car, at it's most stripped-down level, really neat. The driving environment is wonderful, it's plenty big inside, it floats down the road effortlessly and with a smile. And the best thing: with a basic, used car my expectations were low. So I am overjoyed. Hope that helps.

Loooooooooooove this car!
By EchoBill on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2002 Echo for about 3 months now, and I can't get over how enjoyable it is to drive! It has a neat, fairly unique style; incredible interior room (for a 6'-2" person, that's a huge plus :-)); a very smooth, quiet ride (especially in comparison to my old Ford Festiva!); marvelously panoramic driver's view; wonderful get- up-and-go; and the mileage is terrific. The 6-speaker CD system is great, as are all the storage niches throughout the car. My highest recommendation to this little giant!

2002 Black Echo
By Scott33809 on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have to say that my Echo is a great driveing car . The car has so much power for a small car .The Echo is so much better then my Ford Focus was .I love the 5 speed it's so fun to shift and the get up and go is great .I get 42 MPG with the Echo .The A/C works great and the am/fm/cd is very nice .I don't know why edmunds had to say all the bad things about the Echo it's a GREAT CAR and it's a toyota so what more can you ask for .Edmunds say's to buy the honda well i went and drove the honda and the honda drove like a tin can next to the Echo .

good car
By Allisonne on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Spunky, very agile and fuel economy is terrific. Trunk holds a lot too.

GREAT CAR
By sillygirl2 on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great Gas mileage. Love the panel in center of dash...little strange at first...but never want to go back. SOOOO roomy for such a tiny car. So easy to park. Drives great!

Best Buy for the Money
By Marc Yu on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great overall value. Warren Brown, the car editor for the Washington Post, just helped his daughter get one and he can't believe how great this car is for the money. The seat material and shape need help, though. Lots of help.