Used 2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Almost Perfect -Toyota are you listening?
By camryguy11

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Given the recent outstanding offers, we leased a 2011 Camry 4 cyl with alloy wheels. This is an outstanding
car that provides an exceptional level of security. I can't stress enough how impressive the overall design of this car is. Where it falls short is handling, which seems to be largely due to the awful Bridgestone tires. During the first week of ownership, our car veered left consistently on the highway, and the steering wheel shook over 55 mph. Unacceptable in a $24,000 automobile. The dealer re-balanced the tires but the condition remained. I took it to my tire dealer; all 4 tires were still out of balance and the left front had a bubble. They showed me it. Problem partially fixed.

Appearance, reliabable, secure, decent on gas, great electronics, easy to service, comfortable. Rides best with 4 people in the car.

1. Better tires - Toyota you should put the quality tires on this car that it deserves. 2. The factory should take better care to expertly balance and inspect the wheels and tires. 3. Respond on a personal level to your customer surveys.

Camry Lease Values Unbeatable
By cattom1

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Loaded SE 4 cylinder with leather, heated seats, blue tooth, keyless etc. Looked at Accord EXL, Civic, Camry SE & Corolla. 36 month lease @ 15,000 miles per year, and monthly payment only $15 per month different between Civic-Accord or Corolla-Camry. Cheap interior, engine/road noise, buck board ride not worth it on Civic/Corolla to gain maybe, 2-3 mpg over Accord-Camry. Accord-Camry have much higher residual values making them the much better overall lease value. Went with the Magnetic Gray Camry SE because of better looks than Accord EXL and 24 month-25,000 mile free maintenance. Lease cost virtually the same. I put 3K down & lease @ $239 for 36 months 15K, 1st tank 30MPG combo driving.

Comfort, styling with 17 inch aluminum wheels, spoiler, ground effects on SE model, spacious trunk, all the air bags safety, keyless entry, wireless sync mobile phone, peppy 4 cylinder, 6 speed automatic always finds the right gear and seldom over 2400 RPM in normal driving, AND 30 mpg city/hwy combo. Best overall value per my research.

The rear 60/40 seat does not fold flat for extra cargo capacity on the SE as it does for the the LE and XLE. Small price to pay for most for the best looking/driving Camry model.

Hubcap noise detracts from an otherwise great car
By craig4d

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We loved the 2011 Camry LE when first purchased here in Cleveland. Multiple Toyota family. Owner's 2d. Soon, though, a very annoying whirring noise arose from the front left wheel/hubcap. After some delay, the Dealer confessed to being aware of a problem or at least reports, but Toyota had no solution.
Noise went away for a while, but is back and is VERY ANNOYING, detracting from the pleasure of owning this car.
This caused another family member to look past Toyota and get a Nissan.
The issue is spreading out to the public ear...Why doesn't Toyota just replace the hubcap if that is the problem???

We got it for my 20-something daughter.

Overall, great car, except for the very distracting hubcap problem. Roomy inside, overall value, and good handling and performance.

Fix the hubcap problem! Viewing other reports, it is a Toyota problem, not just an individual car problem. My rating would be much higher but for this unresolved hubcap problem.

Car is great, but sucks too
By slick_willie

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Attention.
The manual is crappy in 1-2 or 2-3.
It just is a bad combination to have the wallowy suspension and clutch be not smooth.

The only way it is decent is if you are trying to use it like a racecar, but most people dont drive to 4000 rpm and then shift.

Cupholders.. This car is TERRIBLE.
If you take a trip and have a cooler,, forget it.
You drink a can of coke for you and your passenger.
When you want another one?
Where can you put it?
NOWHERE.

on my honda, I can put 4 cans under the radio (zero for the camry)
I can also put 6 cans in the door.
ZERO for the camry.
The door storage is worthless except for a paperback book.

in 3rd -6th gear.. I love it.

Car engine is very smooth and has nice torque. Base seats suck. Terrible. It is base, though. They are soft and spongy. Good for grandma. Hard to complain too much. I paid 14900 for my base camry speed. Car salesman lied/mistaken and told me it had a ipod USB. It only had a speaker in port. It would be nice to charge my unit via usb

My accord 5sp is SOO0 much more fun to drive. This camry, if not a good $deal$, I would be angry that I bought it. Firmer seats. Make gears 1-5 as if it was a 5 speed. Add a tall 6th gear. GEAR SHIFTER.. is 5 inches TOO TALL. I can not rest my arm on the console and shift with my wrist. GEAR SHIFTER and ADD CUP STORAGE in the door are pennies of cost. Kind of crappy blindspot,, but that does not make it not fun to drive. I like the headlight pattern. very bright. HUGE Trunk. fantastic. at 55, cushy. I can see why grannie likes it. Back seat.. ROOMY. Front seat.. Uncomfortable and unsupportive. Did not notice on test drive.

Love this car! Should have bought it sooner
By sevn86

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Toyota Camry SE on Jan. 29th 2011. It has the white exterior with black leather seats. It also has a Sunroof, Push button start. Bluetooth, Rear Spoiler, Auto Dimming mirror w/ compass, DLX radio package, and sealant package. I am very pleased with this car. I traded in my 2000 Toyota camry and man im so glad I did. This car is very smooth and very responsive. Its a bit bouncy cuz it has the sport suspension but I love it! Over all the quality both inside and out is great. I paid $24,500+TTL which came out to $26,162 out the door but i also got $3,000 for my trade so my out the door price was $23,162.01. MSRP was $27,862. I also got 0% for 60 months. Is that a good deal?

Push button start, the radio, The beautiful leather seats, The sporty look of the SE package. I also really like the 5 spoke 17 inch wheels. It has so much room! The trunk is huge!

Nothing i can think of at the moment.