Used 2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Good Choice
By broufam

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Camry LE on Jan 6,2011. I Paid $20,500. I have the Bluetooth and Window tint and Aluminum wheels. I travel primary highway miles at 130 miles round trip per day. I have now filled up 3 times and as I average my fuel, it has been consistant with 31mpg highway. I do not do very much city driving. I drive 73Mph with cruise everyday to work. The car handles well, saying it has the 4cyl w/auto transmission. It is pretty comfortable to drive the distance I do to and from work. I have plenty of head room and the children in the back say they sit comfortable. My wfie sat in the back seat at the height of 5'5" and had no complaints. She really enjoys the car when she gets to driv

The car is comfortable for long trips as I am consistantly driving on the highway. The car handles well in both rain and while dry. The seats are comfortableand enterior for the most part I have no major complaints on. The bluetooth sytem could be a little more user friendly with some updated features. I have an old parrt system in my truck and it blows the doors off of toyotas system. Too complicated, install an aftermarket system for the same $399 price Toyota charges and get a better quality system.

There are only a few things that major improvments need to be done to make this car an excellent choice for my next purchase. 1) The wind noise coming from the firewall is to loud, especially when behind another vehile. It sounds like a jet engine in front of you. 2) Upgrade the bluetooth sytem with more upto date feature and make it more user friendly. 3) Door handles on inside need to relocate to a better position as you can not comfortable rest your arm on the door handle as in most other vehicle. 4) The inside door close handles position make it difficult to open and close the windows as you must remove your arm from the armrest and go around it at an angle to use the window contr

We Picked The Right Car For Us!
By showskyline

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We have leased 2 Toyota's previously to this one, and really shopped around for the best deal and best car for the money. We had a Matrix, and wanted more leg room, so the Camry was the natural choice. Toyota beat out ALL other companies on price, and we are very pleased with the quality of the car. Sharp look, smooth ride and handling. Wonderful gas milage too! For an entry level model, it has a lot of extras, and I really don't think it's a boring ride at all. Love the car, and can't think of anything I don't like. Leased it the end of Dec.

Radio/CD/MP3 jack Radio controls on steering wheel Convienently placed control knobs for air/heat Lighted ignition switch at night along with lights on doors. Trunk release near driver's seat

LOVIN' IT SO FAR...
By jdt1975

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have only owned the car for one week. I do not have any complaints so far about the car itself just a little buyers remorse regarding the price I paid. Though I can only blame myself for not doing my research before going out car shopping. The car is quite zippy, lots of torque and horsepower. I bought the SE with the VIP package, paid $26,950.

The finish of the car inside and out are very nice. Like the look and the paint job.

will have to get back to you on this... I am thinking one week is not quite long enough for me to be able to make my official suggestions if there even is any.

2011 Camry manual transmission
By joseph_66

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just picked the car up on 12/28/2011. I have owned Toyota's for years. I had a 2003 Corolla for 8 years and a 1993 Toyota pickup truck both very reliable. This car is incredible and fun to drive. It feels like a sports car that is a sedan if that makes any sense. Been driving stick for over 40 years, ride a Harley in the summer. This car is my winter Harley. Just plane fun to drive, yet quiet and comfortble when I needed it to be. Can't say that for a Harley. For my first tank of gas combination city and highway, I got 26.7 MPH. I think that is pretty good. I got down to a half tank after 260 miles. So this says I can probably get 500 plus miles to a tank of gas. Thats impresive.

This is Toyota's signature car. Toyota has been building them for years. You know its a great car with that sort of reputation. 6 speakers, power windows. Just a good all around reliable car. The color is black with tan interior. When cleaned up its a great looker and a head turner. Very comfortable. I don't care what the professional drivers say, this car corners and handles like a sports car.

Put in two outlets instead of only one, Backing up the car is sometimes difficult as I can not see the rear end and it ends up being strictly guess work. A hood ornamant so I can see the hood from inside the car would be helpful as well.

Not recommended
By mojoe4420

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Toyota has bungled what could be a very nice cars with a few foolish decisions. When I buy from an automaker I expect them to deliver a car, not a nanny. The seatbelt chime should give 4 or 5 dings should I choose to unbuckle for whatever reason. Instead it offers 1 ding per second for about 30 seconds & then switches tempo to 3 dings per second for at least another 30. Unnecessary. By the way geniuses, that's my briefcase in the passenger seat, not a person. Idiots! Then there's the fresh air/recirc HVAC control. When I make an adjustment, it's for a reason. Toyota thinks they need to 'automatically' switch to fresh air after about 5 minutes. Not cool. I rented this car, no purchase plans.

Comfortable seats. Relatively quiet cabin below 90. Excellent handling and brakes even when cruising above 110mph. Thoughtful interior designs and intuitive controls. Decent handling coupled with an excellent ride. Surprising performance for an inline 4. Good headlights. Large trunk. Fog lights provide useful additional illumination up close. The 130mph top speed is decent, in spite of the fact that the car comes with V rated tires. They bring the limit very smoothly so it doesn't feel like a governor but you get 130 whether going up a small grade or downhill with a tailwind. Slick, but like the seat belt nanny, unnecessary.

Adjust the seat belt chime and recirc control to something more respectful of the pilot in command. Sometimes it's necessary to grab something from the back seat. I don't need all the nonsense noise. Improve the fuel economy. Even when driving this car reasonably and always under 78mph I never achieved more than 26.6 mpg. When most of the tank was emptied at speeds above 95 it would drop to 22-24mpg depending on terrain & wind. With just city driving it was around 24. If you drive these speeds & can tolerate the nanny features then get the V6. This review was conducted over a 3000 mile cross country rental with purchase of a new Camry under consideration.