2011 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
This car is great
By billngb1 on 01/17/12 12:44 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Camry and Toyota has to my amazement been able to improve on my previous model. The 6 speed transmission has helped with the engine noise especially when accelerating at highway speed. Downshifts are quicker and the fuel economy is 35 mpg on the highway in less than ideal conditions. I will not consider another GM or Ford in the future. Becasuse of their poor workmanship and inability or unwillingness to resolve past problems I will soon be an all-Toyota owner.

Camry XLE 2011
By bruinswin2011 on 07/03/11 09:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Test drove several competitor vehicles but landed on Camry (XLE) for its smoother ride, better comfort and quieter cabin. Other cars tested - Accord, Optima, Sonata, Fusion and Altima. Accord and Fusion lacked pep and road and engine noise were pronounced. Optima - although a nice car - seemed to fall short on interior quality and lacked track record for quality. Sonata is a good value but found driver seat lacked thigh support, thus was unable to get comfortable while driving. Altima was initially my first choice, but passengers found front passenger and rear seats uncomfortable. If you are looking for a car that has a quieter cabin, smoother ride and comfortable seats, check out the Camry.

Great Ride. Small Build Problems Dealer Doesn't Fix
By homebase on 05/13/11 03:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have 4,000 miles on my 2011 Camry XLE 4cyc leather Nav. It has a smooth quite ride, engine is strong enough, zero sportyness. The turn signal mechanisum makes a clicking sound whenever the turn signal is engaged and the wheel is turned. The climate control needs to be adjusted continuously while driving. Other than the two minor problems I am going to have to fight with my dealer to fix, it is a great car. The first time the dealer looked at the car he kept it 4 days before he told me everything is normal. I don't think I will ever buy another Toyota.

So far, so good
By colashan on 12/20/10 11:18 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

looking for something practical. all in class seemed to have negatives except the camry. sonata, fusion (styling), accord (ride, noise) impala was her co. car that she didn't really care for. the camry was above avg in most everything we thought. safety and quality seemed excellent. ride and comfort was good. styling was above avg. and the dealer made us a deal at 25100, for the XLE with nav, out the door.

2011 XLE 4K Miles
By RGLove on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased demo with 4000 miles and the car seems like it came off the assembly line. Great fit/finish, quiet as a vault and not a rattle. This is our 10th Toyota purchase so expectations are high and car does not disappoint. Gave my 07 SE to daughter and bought 11 XLE. Thought I would miss the SE sporty ride, bit very pleased with the responsive handling/ride of the 2011. The 4 banger is peppy and the 6 speed works quietly with smooth shifts. The exterior color Barcelona Red Metallic sparkles and has an expensive rich look.

Great All-around Sedan
By wimbimlim on 07/29/10 20:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is exceptional in many ways. It drives like a luxury car, but costs MUCH less. I also like the great mileage you get with the 4 cyl. It has enough pickup to get moving quickly, but it isn't wasteful. On a recent trip, it said it was averaging 39 MPG Hwy. I think that is a bit overly optimistic, but it was pretty close to 35-36, which is great for a car this size.

v4 vs. V6
By Rich on 07/08/10 11:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Having owned a 2007 Camry LE with the V6 I must say how wonderfully surprised I was when I purchased a 2011 XLE 4. Plenty zippy and wonderful on the freeway. First tank full of gas 28 MPG with the V6 on the same route just 23 Mpg. Highway blows away the 32 MPG estimate and this at 70 MPH. This time Toyota under-promises and over delivers. Leather seats excellent and ride may be cushy but I love it after a hectic day of work. The JBL sound is crystal clear and the speakers are dynamic. If your thinking V6 think again and drive the V4. In a Venza the difference is pronounced because of the weight difference. In the Camry quiet, smooth and MPG, trump 0 to 60.

Lovin' my 2011 Camry XLE
By lerevo on 06/10/10 21:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the car that I wanted. I traded in a 2005 Solara, loved it too. The 4 cylinder gives me great power and the 6 speed transmission gets it going. Easy on fuel and comfortable to drive. I would buy it again.

New car, new issues
By Katietuz on 06/07/10 14:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Picked up the car on Tuesday. On Friday, the airbag warning light went on. Needs new computer. Not happy with 6 speed transmission. When driving around 25 - 32 mph, car jolts back and forth between gears. Dealer says this is normal for this transmission.

Review of 2011 Camry XLE
By Bob S. on 03/09/10 19:47 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Although this is a smaller, lighter weight car than the 07 Lucerne we previously owned, the Camry is extremely quiet, the ride is quite comfortable and it handles very well. The 4 cylinder engine performs flawlessly and we are averaging over 30 mpg. No problems or complaints whatsoever.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*