2003 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
This is the Beast
By dude on 02/12/07 19:10 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota has done it once again. I bought this car with 33,000 miles, and just changed the tires due to the carelessness of the previous owner mixing tires. This car is probably one of the most comfortable cars on the highway you can afford. With the MacPherson shocks you and the passengers wont feel a thing. We took a road trip Ohio to Illinois in it, and the people sitting in the back slept the whole way, not even a sound or bump woke them up. The best part about this car is the engine and transmission, it is unlikely you would hear the engine and feel the transmission shift.

2003 Camry
By jdr on 11/14/06 15:14 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for 3 years and drive to work 70 miles a day. All that has been done is oil changes and general maintenance. I have had no breakdowns. Just check the brake linings again, 1/3 of pad left at 100,000 miles (original pads). Never had this happen with any car. Car runs as it did when new. No rattles.

Better than Avalon or Lexus
By Bob in Carolina on 09/28/06 09:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Even at 60,000 it still runs and looks great-no wear at all on leather interior. Get about 29 miles per gallon mixed city and highway. The V^ delivers what I want, when I want it without delays. When I think about trading, I get in it and end up asking myself "are you crazy?" I have looked at 2007 Lexus, Camry XLE and Avalon, but not any better in reality. Also, not nearly as well designed inside, especialy the dash and consoles. Super low cost to maintain-change oil & filter and go for the most part. Paint is in excellent condition. Seats are exceptionally comfortable and rides like a dream.

Best Buy for the Money
By ehw on 08/04/06 21:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I own the 03 Camry SE. It has been an excellent car in all regards. Over the past 25 years, I have owned at least 8 new toyotas, so I am inclined to favor these autos. I find plenty of power in the 4cyl. If you want to improve your handling on the SE put a set of 17" rims matched with medium to low profile high performance tires and buckle up. I felt a substantial improvement over the stock tire/rim combo. The car felt like it could turn square corners and remain flat in curves even at speeds in excess of recommended limits.

Will buy another Camry
By Jan on 06/08/06 20:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased with the reliability and great gas mileage of my Camry. I average 30-31 mpg on the road and as I have to drive 30 miles to work this is great!

Bad experience, not what they were
By RyanMurphy on 05/26/06 15:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I expected a solid car that would get me around town. What I got is a car that barely gets me around town. The car is a clunker in all honesty. I have 51,000 miles and I've been to the repair shop quite a bit. My transmission went out. My intake manifold cracked and had to be replaced. I have been through 2 sets of brakes and my steering wheel is all over the road. My tires are new.

Better than an Avalon or Lexus
By Bob on 05/23/06 10:26 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 55,000 miles I am still impressed. Tested Avalon and Lexus and just not worth the money compared to the XLE V6. Get about 30 MPG routine driving, still surprised at comfortable ride and quietness. JBL sound system still works excellently, as does everything. The layout of the dash, consoles, etc. is much better than the Avalon or the Lexus. Have not had to replace or repair anything. The leather shows almost no wear compared to other cars I have had with leather. Doesn't get any better than this.

Better than the Lexus
By teacher on 04/20/06 15:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have a Lexus ES-300 and a Camry XLE- V6. The lexus is our second car: the camry is more fun to drive. Long story short-- we can buy whatever car we want and we chose the camry over everything for a daily driver. Now that the new Camry is out, I'm tempted to trade up, but ours is still great after three years. It's nice to know that when the time does come to sell it, it won't take me more than a few days to find a buyer.

Great car to own
By Rosa on 04/11/06 07:30 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my Camry. But we had to replace the intake manifold. Other than that it has been a great car ro own and drive. Roomy with good sound system, because music in my car is mandatory.

Toyota Buyer for Life
By C Williams on 04/06/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was my second toyota purchase. The best decision I made. I love my Toyota Camry, my first was a Corolla, I drove it for 186,000 miles. I will continue to drive Toyotas. My parents own the Avalon. It has just enough get up and go, floats, handles the road with ease when traveling. Love the mileage with gas prices rising, overall performance is GREAT!