2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Best Car I Ever Owned
By JimG on 03/20/06 17:36 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Avalon has been a dream come true. The car has been flawless and I have gotten over 34 mpg on the highway. I have no problems with interior noise as others have complained. I have had the vehicle for over a year and the only time it has been in the shop is for oil change. The push button start is great. I get annoyed when I have to take the keys out to start my other vehicle. My wife and I took it on a 800 mile trip to VA and the ride was very comfortable. I give the Avalon the highest rating.

Glad I waited
By Mike on 02/22/06 13:31 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. Glad I skipped the 2nd generation and waited. I sold my 1998 Avalon to my nephew and he loves it. The new model is great. Especially like how quiet it is and the 3.5 liter engine has more than enough power.

Nice
By rburnham on 02/14/06 09:02 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely comfortable ride. Interior is well appointed and makes sense. Fit is adjustable to anyone. Engine is far superior to the rest of the field. Gas mileage is 23 to 28 depending upon how hard you accelerate. One of the best cars I have ever owned.

One Magnificent Automobile
By raylon on 02/12/06 21:52 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car rides like a dream and performs magnificantly in all respects of a true large luxory automobile. Quiet comfortable ride with great amenities.

Toyota Avalon Limited 2005
By Sharron Zeisman on 01/31/06 01:55 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second lease of an Avalon. It is a dream to drive as I have arthritus, and It is so comfortable. It drives as though it it the top of the Lexus Brand. Most of the high-end extras that the Lexus has comes standard on the Limited. It has items that I never would have thought I needed. It's keyless entry is great as are all of its other extras. This truly drives like a car that starts at $50,000. I have driven "luxury cars" for years. There is not much difference.

2005 Toyota XLS
By susanne sullivan on 01/18/06 12:11 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Toyota I have owned. I am extremely pleased with the car-the ride is smooth, the engine is quiet yet powerful and without problems. My family is tall, ranging from 5'10" to 6' 6" and everyone has commented on the generous leg room in the back seat without having to sacrifice leg space in the front.

My Avalon
By Girvinia on 12/27/05 17:33 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have driven Lincoln for 15 years so this was a change for us. Fun and easy to drive. I am 5'; husband is 6'3 and accommodates either of us, lots of room in front and in back seat. Great music sounds system, including the controls on the steering wheel. Love the soft dove gray interior as compared to many cars with black interior. Easy, effortless power, just quietly and quickly surges ahead, lots of power! I think we made a great choice and I look forward to many luxury miles ahead.

Retired to Florida in comfort
By Jack on 12/27/05 14:46 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Avalon and was not sure at first that I liked the larger interior space. Now we consider the space wonderful, with luxurious features and more power under the hood in the 3.5 engine than I should be trusted with. My big complant is my wife won't drive her sports car, complaining it is not comfortable.

Best Car
By bhcar on 12/17/05 23:03 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Almost flawless, plenty of comfort and power. Quiet. Reliable.

Great Family Car
By Avalong on 12/14/05 17:42 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had to run from the hurricane with my invalid mother, pregnant daughter and 17 yr old son. We were all comfortable during the 1200 mile trip to and from. The car was quiet, comfortable and on interstate the gas mileage was great. there are some "blind" spots when you are travelling faster than normal on the interstate that you need to watch out for.