2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
2005 Avalon XLS
By docdearth2 on 03/08/05 15:53 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I compared this vehicle with the Acura TL and the Infiniti G-35. I would have been happy with any one of these three cars. The Avalon, however, is larger and has considerably more front and rear leg room for 4 passengers. The 280 hp engine is very powerful and smooth as is the ride. It has considerably more trunk space than the G-35 which is also quite a bit smaller. Value-wise I feel the Avalon is comparable with cars in the $40,000 range. The new styling is more sporty and not as stodgy as the older models. I had leased an Avalon previously in 1997, and found it to be an extremely reliable performer with a lot of comfort and conveniences. The newer model raises the bar even further.

Very Satisfied
By Outstanding Auto on 03/08/05 06:04 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car from end to end. It drives like a dream, very comfortable interior and user friendly instruments for the driver.Lots of power from the V6! I went from a 10 year owner of a Camray to a Dodge and back to Toyota. I never had a problem with the Camray and I don't expect any with the Avalon. The saftey features on this auto make me feel very safe on interstates. One more thing. Owning this car will attrack attention!

2005 TOYOYA AVALON
By MARK on 03/08/05 01:23 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Keyless ignition is a bit confusing. While entering the car in a rainstorm, the car decided not to allow me to start it. I had to have my family stand in the rain until I could reset the start mode. Also, the laser cruise control doesn't work in the rain. I found this out the hard way! The navigation is great, but there are lots of buttons to press. Gas mileage on our first road trip of 600 miles gave us 27.1 mpg. This is just what they advertised. Very solid and with all the air bags, you feel very safe. The engine is much stronger than my previous older style Avalon. The warm and cold seats are great with long drives and a bad back. I'm very happy with this purchase!

05 Avalon
By lphickey on 03/06/05 19:34 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sleek new body style, interior well appointed and controls in easy reach, far above the 2000 I traded. Toyota has taken the Avalon to a new plateau.

Best car I have ever owned
By sharon McElravy on 03/06/05 15:15 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased a new car ever 2 to 3 years since 1974, and this is the best one yet. The cost was a little bit more than I usually spend, but I feel it was well worth it. It handles great, has a great appearance inside and out. Everthing is at your finger tips, you don't have to reach around for things. There is only one thing that I would change; there is not a good place to put your cell phone or to charge it while driving. Other than that I would not change a thing.

2005 Avalon Limited
By Bart on 03/03/05 16:53 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This 2005 Avalon Limited is a new style with many new options. Many new drive assistance features on the multi- purpose screen. Turn signals incorporated in outside mirrors are great. New dash/gauges are easy to read. Great ride and performance with the 3.5L engine and 5 speed transmission with bump up or down gear shifting. Telescoping and tilt wheel are great. Heated and cooled seats using air flow are really comfortable. Looks more modern that previous style.

is newer better ?
By john flanagan on 03/01/05 05:25 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Avalon was past ready for an update. Changing the platform from the LS 430 to the new GS 300 however was a radical departure some won't like. Improved handling with somewhat less comfort and the feel of less room is one trade you make. Mileage is down, to be expected w/ a 280 hp engine. Build quality is superb! The new display system is awkward and cumbersome, replacing the digital broad spectrum info always available on the old car . I bought the Limited. Smarter folks than I will either opt for the XLS or blow the extra bucks for the Lexus and take the higher resale when the time comes . A great new Toyota, but is it really a new Avalon ?

Great car!
By Stan Sarama on 02/27/05 09:30 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great quality and quite a value when compared to competition. Have been an Acura owner and fan for the past ten years. When compared to the new RL this car served my needs and wallet a lot better. Love every aspect as compared to either RL or TL. Have no comlaints about either my old 2000 RL or 96 TL; however, at this point the 2005 Avalon is a much better buy for me than either of the Acura current offerings.

What a GREAT Car
By Russ on 02/26/05 08:58 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The new body and interior are fabulous. The '05 is bigger, roomier, and gutsy beyond simliar model cars. I have a '95 Avalon with 230,000 that has been handed down to my son; car runs like a top. If you know anything about Toyota reliablity you know it's second to none. This purchase broke one of my rules of normally buying year old, but when I saw this car, and then drove this car there was no turning back. There are serveral clever creature comforts inside and the 285hp make this a truly fun car to drive.

Excellent Car and Very Luxurious
By qwerty1 on 02/25/05 19:42 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is very nice and beautiful. It has 280 Horsepower, which blows away the Nissan Maxima. The interior is very well set up and everything else that comes with the car is great.