2003 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
2003 Avalon XLS
By londonml on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just came back from a 3000 mile trip. The 2003 Avalone perfomed flawlessly.

The Best Sedan for Anybody
By mosa on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars out there... It offers alot of things. It offers smoothness, reliability, a nice exterior/interior. It is very comfortable to sit in, front or back. There's alot of space for anyone to sit in the back. When I am driving the 2003 Toyota Avalon (XL), I feel like I am driving a 2003 Lexus... I just love my Avalon.

Why buy a Lexus
By yale on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I cannot believe the way my car rides. We took a trip for thanksgiving around 600 miles, my wife wouldnt let me drive. This car drives like a dream. Great sound system. The only problem I had was staying awake. My biggest problem so far is all its been doing is snowing, of course I keep my car under cover at that point, but I cant keep it clean with all the salt on the road. I hope this is the biggest problem I ever have with my toyota. All I can say is what a car. My mechanic who works on my audi tt told me the only difference between my toyota avalon xls and lexus, is the name plate. I LOVE IT..

A Lexus in Toyota Clothing
By chas on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A limited budget kept me from buying another LS 400, so I swallowed my pride and looked at the Avalon. The moment I started it up, I knew it was something special. After driving it, I pronounced it "a Lexus masquerading as a Toyota". I decided on the fully loaded XLS. It differs very little from the Lexuses in quality and overall driving experience.

A Lexus in Toyota Clothing
By Chas on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

a nice car but
By qq on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is a nice car with plenty of room But the tire is too small compare with the huge body. It's like a huge man wear a tiny shoe.

Nice Car
By Mike_M on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very difficult to find the bench seat version. XL not even an option. Finally we found car in storage lot with dead battery and nearly flat tire. After these were fixed, car is excellent. Comfortable and well built.

Excellent Avalon Toyota
By givd on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Performace is very good, side mirrors have to be redigned, too big. rear tailights not the most appealing. Windshield wipers on high speed shake the entire car when idiling

Plenty of Room
By Giving-back on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a quality automobile. We have had the car only one month but so far it is everything we expected and then some. There is a specific reason we purchased the Avalon. ROOM. I am a taller person and have a problem with any automobile with a moon roof. Most upscale automoblies come with a moon roof as standard equipment. I therefore could not purchase a Lexus, Acura etc. The Avalon XL we purchased has many luxury options but does not have a moon roof and therefore has plenty of head room. I might also say that the bench seat is very comfortable for the passenger as well as anyone in the back seat.

I'll like it
By yakinf on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 1996 Avalon XLS with 2003 Avalon XLS over the weekend. I think I made the right decision to go buy Toyota again. My old Avalon has been given me alot of fun and free of problem in the last couple years, but the new one is impress me more. I like the interior, the ride and the softness smooth driving experience. Even my wife likes it alot. She is very hard to convince and usually she will not like what I had bought in the past for her( I bought a 1999 Dodge Caravan brand new, but she just didn't like the car at all). But this time she just seems like it more than I do. Perfect 10 for avalon.