2006 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Outstanding Truck

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

Outstanding Truck
By docsweat on

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a used 06 4Runner Ltd. I love it. Smooth ride on pavement. Went off road and it did great-and I put it through terrain/trails that would break a crossover and strand many other SUVs. The pavement ride is far smoother than any serious 4x4 I have owned or driven, including a jeep CJ-5 Willys, Cherokees, pickups, Blazers and Broncos. The 'bells and whistles' on the limited model make it a real joy and comfort for driver and passengers, especially if they are a family. Comfort on and off road is truly amazing. Toyota cured the two biggest gripes I had about my 98 4Runner-weak engine and too small gas tank. Also made cup holders that don't block the air vents.

Everything. Seriously. Sweet ride on or off road. I am confident it will make it at least to 140k miles, like my 93 toy pu did before it was totaled in an accident.

Cannot think of any, though I have heard the third row seating (I do not have this) is only good for children (under 58" height).