2009 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: A surprised 1st-time Subie Own

2009 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Special Edition Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

A surprised 1st-time Subie Owner
By TITAN911 on

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser for this car, and I have been pleasantly surprised. It gets WAY better mileage than the FJ, which required premium gas. I took advantage of the smokin' $199/month lease that Subaru was offering, but I had never had one before. Needless to say, I was a little skeptical of just how good a Subie could possibly be, and I NEVER thought I would purchase one. All I knew was that they were equipped with all wheel drive, and there were many of them in Colorado. After my first test drive, I was sold! This car is every bit as good, and in most cases better than all the Toyota and Honda sedans I've owned. Better looks, handling, traction, interior, and comfort.

Mileage - I've been getting about 23 city and 31 highway. Looks- sleek and timeless looks that won't get old anytime soon (I think it looks better than the 2010 model)! Interior instrument panel, gauges, and seat comfort - I'm a sucker for cool-looking red and blue lighting scheme. The stereo ROCKS!

Maybe the 4-speed automatic. However, if you put it in Sport shift mode, it makes a big difference. It's much quicker to downshift, and it holds the gears longer. You can either let the sport-mode shift for you, or manually shift it yourself. Very cool. A little small, but perfect for 4.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review