2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
What a bargain
By Subaruba on 11/09/08 17:41 PM (PST)

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is amazing to me that people do not know about this car. Comfortable, good looks, great price. I got an incredible 2 year lease. Outstanding reliability with my previous subaru. Very smooth manual, easy shifting. If you want the best performance from this engine, get the manual.

My First Subaru
By Christian on 11/04/08 15:59 PM (PST)

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This Legacy 2.5i is my first Subaru, not only by myself, but my entire family too. We have traditionally been a Honda/Toyota/Mazda family. I have fallen in love with this car. I am excited to drive it every single time I open the door. It has very good handling (love taking tight turns) and has a great European, BMW look. I am VERY happy with this car and I can't wait to drive it in the Michigan winters! I am extremely happy with my first Subaru. I would recommend anyone to buy/lease one who is looking for the best bang for your buck.

Ruby
By Staypuft on 10/13/08 10:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I picked up my Ruby Red SE on Labor day and got the same lease deal they were offering on the '08. Drove many other cars and this was love at first drive. I am a very large person but the smallish size doesn't bother me. Everything seems to be cut to fit. Quality is top notch. I have been given compliments nearly every day. My kids think it's a sports car and all the neighbors are jealous.

Fabulous value for the money
By Len 2.5SE on 10/06/08 03:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great lease deal due to fantastic residual values. Features and equipment at a level far in excess of price point of 23K. Interior quality at least comparable to cars $10K more expensive. Handling, ride and comfort above average. Quietness is ok but nothing special. Overall I'm extremely happy with the car.

I just love the interior
By Legacy Jack on 10/01/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

As enthusiastic as I was about getting a new Legacy, my expectations were exceeded. Interior quality and styling is far superior to anything in its class and many in a higher class. Though the cockpit is a bit narrower than most, I'm still very comfortable despite my overly padded body (I'm working on getting the weight off). Mileage in the mid 20s (50-50 city/highway) but with just a few hundred miles on it I expect the numbers will rise. Handling and ride are great and then there's the amazing level of equipment for the price. Where on earth can you get a great handling awd mid size with leather, moonroof, XM, HK stereo, vdc, and the usual power accessories for just 23K.

2.5i is great!
By TurboWill81 on 09/29/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2009 legacy 2.5i special edition. I love the car a lot. It's a lot of fun to drive. The best feature on the car is the AWD. In poor weather you feel safe and steady on the road. I love the feel of the interior space. The car comes with a lot of features stock that other companies would charge extra for.

3.0R around 1k miles initial review
By Eui on 09/18/08 22:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.0R 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car suit my needs well. 4DR sedan with AWD, enough power, comfortable ride. It has all the features that I need, plus a moon roof that I did not really need (standard on 3.0R). All that for around $25k price tag was acceptable. I don't make much use of SI drive. I leave it on Sport mode, and take it easy on the throttle instead of making the computer do it for me. That way, I get fuel economy and throttle response also when needed. The MPG gauge does not show much of a difference unless I use low gear acceleration with Sport mode. Score of 6 for fuel economy is fair. Any worse then 17 city and 24 highway then I would not have considered this car, and the estimate seems accurate.

Great Quality, Awesome AWD, & Affordable
By chris on 09/12/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third legacy and first on in 8 years. Coming from an 06 Acura TL, I thought the handling would not be up to par, but it is a significant upgrade with better control at higher speeds. The ride is firm, but not bouncy. Obviously the four cylinder could use more power or even better another gear or two in the automatic. Fuel economy is about 25mpg with about 30% city driving. The Harmon Kardon sound system blows away the premium system in the Acura. Perfectly clear at all volume levels all the way to the max. Subaru was the only answer since we only purchase Subaru, Honda, and Toyota products and we wanted an AWD car.

Test drive one, you'll believe
By mysubiesnew on 09/11/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have not yet recorded 900 miles on my '09 Legacy 2.5i Limited, and I am very happy with my decision. It handles better than any car I've owned, looks better, and is more refined interior for less money than any of the other sedans I tested. Subaru has a reputation for being an incredibly safe vehicle and that meant a lot to me. This is my first Subaru, but I hope not my last.

this car is amazing!
By hyadude on 09/05/08 06:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD w/Nav (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my '05 mdx for the Subaru. I must say its fantastic! What a car! Performance is outstanding. The ride is super smooth, and the handling is fantastic. I really can't say anything bad about Subaru. This is the best sedan by far I have ever owned!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$117 per month*