Used 2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

My Favorite Vehicle
By MyXTerra

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

On our trip to our home state recently we were run off the road by a semi. My daughter and I were asleep while my husband was driving. Woke when we hit the dirt. Front end damage and blew out a tire, shattering the rim. We were all uninjured, just surprised. Took out a sign, both side mirrors broken, driver side mirror shattered window. I give the Xterra an EXCELLENT review because it took all of the force and kept my family safe. Our dogs, cats and puppies were also in the vehicle and everyone is in perfect health. I HIGHLY recommend the Xterra. Mine has always been reliable and a blast to drive. Love that get up and go power. Gas mileage could be better but very sturdy vehicle.

I love everything about my 07 Xterra. It's perfect for me and my family. Looks like an SUV, handles beautifully, powerful and reliable. Great family vehicle for my family.

Easier access to the backseat as it's a little tight. otherwise very happy Xterra driver/owner.

hood paint off & noise underneath
By thomas

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

1) In less than 18 months, a small portion of the hood paint is off naturally. Bought brand new. 2) When passing a road-bump even with a very low speed, you can hear a noise come from underneath the car. The noise is similar to as if something was loose. On two occasions I took the vehicle to the dealer to correct this problem. The noise was back within a month.

The overall strength of the vehicle.

Improve the dashboard. Improve the hood paint. Correct the noise from underneath the vehicle. Improve the radio. Improve the heating system; presently it takes about 30 minutes to warm up the car.

I wouldn't buy another one
By rivergirl

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far my truck has had to have a new computer, I have had transmission problems, it has gotten locked in park and the solenoid that releases the gear shift was malfunctioning, The air conditioning drain was draining into the front passenger floor and all of my carpeting had to be replaced due to mold. Purchase price was 29,600 and trade in is 15,000 in just over a year. I am afraid to drive this vehicle too far from home due to it's history of leaving me stranded. The mileage on my truck as it sits in the shop today is 18,500.

It would be nice to own a dependable vehicle but I can't take that much of a loss on trade in for a Toyota.

Sturdy, Reliable SUV
By Hiker / Camper

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just returned from a 3-week Colorado vacation. The S Trim XTerra performed admirably and was a pleasure to drive. Handled easy back roads with some rocks, pot holes, ruts and washboarding well -- was reluctant to try anything seriously challenging due to inexperience. Best gas mileage was 26 mpg. Mileage varies depending on driving technique, etc. Best to have a "light foot" on the accelerator. Had to replace in-cabin air filter upon return -- very dirty from dust. Since purchasing, have added skid plates, fog lamps and wind deflectors. Good investments. Happy XTerra owner.

Sturdy construction, good handling, fun to drive. Good mechanical reliability so far.

Padded arm rests on the doors. Standard 9-speaker sound system, 6-CD player and volume controls on steering wheel on all trims. Design a hybrid / hydrogen fuel cell version with equal power.

2007 Nissan Xterra S
By LOKRGUY

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a 00 Durango V8 for four years I didn't know what to expect from the 4.0 6. All I can say is WOW! I drive up a 6000' "hill" twice a week and it just loafs up, hardly ever kicking into low gear. Performance in snow with aftermarket BFG AT T/A's was fantastic. At 6'4" and 300 lbs it's still a very comfortable drive.

Power, maneuverability. Roof storage is great for snow chains.

Side mirrors don't adjust outward far enough. When making a left lane change you had better be looking over your shoulder! I know it's a SUV, but the seat padding is a little hard for my taste.