2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Review: Supremely Happy With My New Ro

2014 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Supremely Happy With My New Rogue - It's In A Whole 'Nother League!
By nissmazlover on

2014 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am SO happy with my new '14 Rogue SL AWD and am totally in love with it! Nissan did a REALLY good job in this new redesign. I was a happy owner of a '11 Rogue SL AWD, but once I saw how nice this new baby was, I traded up! What an upgrade! This new Rogue not only looks better inside AND out, but it's better in EVERY way compared to the old one. It's good looking, comfortable, fuel efficient and SO nice to drive. My favorite feature is the supremely high build quality and luxurious feel of the car, in general. It feels like I'm driving a $40K car. And, I'm getting compliments on it EVERY where I drive. Do yourself a favor and sit in and test drive this car. You WILL be impressed!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is how solid and planted this car feels when you drive it. It really drives like a much more expensive, bigger, luxury car. The handling is not outright sporty, but it feels so safe and stable. I actually love the CVT and how powerful the car feels, too. It has a 4, but it feels like a V6 and gets you up to speed faster than ever necessary. On the highway, it begs to cruise at 80MPH EASY - and you don't even feel a thing! The Bose system sounds FANTASTIC! Nissan + Bose make an awesome combo. It's quiet, spacious, the seats are extremely comfortable, the dash is luxurious and I LOVE the pano sunroof, gauges and the electronics/NAV/entertainment center, too.

Suggested Improvements

Test drive this car! Drive it, sit in it, feel it all around, and experience how solid it drives, and how comfortable, spacious, and luxurious (in SL trim) it is inside. It really is in a whole 'nother league compared to all other small crossovers. NONE of them - except for the VW Tiguan (which is more expensive) - feel as high-quality and luxurious as this. I am supremely happy with it and I'm sure you'll be, too. The ONLY thing I would improve is steering feel. Although it responds quickly to inputs and the weighting of the steering is spot-on, there isn't much feel going through it. The old Rogue had better steering feel. Improve this, Nissan, and you'll have a PERFECT crossover!