Great car with big appetite
By markuslycus on
2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
Like everything about the car but the fuel economy. I do almost all 95% HWY driving on 90% flat roads, and have driven 1500 mi. I average 26.80 mpg. My driving is done on all 4 lane roads, while driving 55-65 MPH. I always drive with fuel conservation top priority. I was expecting to get at least 35 mpg, not 26.80mpg.
Favorite Features
Love the vehicle design, and handling.
Suggested Improvements
Work on MPG!
By welshy3575
on 09/17/11 14:51 PM (PDT)

How could you expect 35MPG when the window sticker says 32 MPG? Our manual transmission gets about 32, slightly better than the window sticker of 31 MPG on the highway, however if Nissan geared 6th gear differently so the engine would tach well below 3,000 RPM at 70 MPH, the Juke could easily approch 35 MPG or maybe even better. This car weighs 3,000 pounds, so I think given the performance and weight this vehicle gets decent mileage.

By chrisa222
on 07/28/11 07:52 AM (PDT)

This drives me crazy. Get real with your expectations. It isn't a fuel-sipping Toyota Prius. It is a turbocharged Crossover. Im THRILLED that I'm getting 24MPG and you are getting practically 27MPG and complaining? List one crossover that gets 27MPG with 0-60 in 7 seconds. You cant. This is the wrong vehicle for you, trade it in and get yourself a Prius or an Insight.