2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
A G35 for less than 35k
By edwin on 06/13/08 17:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car! Every time I pull up to the valet, everyone always comments on my super black, fully loaded coupe! The gas mileage is fantastic. I never get tired of the push-button ignition. Nissan doesn't advertise this model too often, so when people see they are very surprised. A great 50k car for under 30k!

Sporty Value
By whitng on 06/10/08 22:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded up from a Sentra SE-R. Although much bigger, the Altima Coupe 3.5SE has more power and a luxyury-car like interior with the premium pkg. I'm getting almost the same gas mileage as the Sentra, too! Handling is softer but the A/C is a great value for what you get.

My car is so awesome!
By Barbara on 06/10/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I can't stop staring at this car... along with everyone else that sees it. It not only looks great it handles wonderfully. We have an 07 Altima sedan. I didn't think I could love a car more than that, until I got the coupe. I have the premium pkg. in both and wouldn't get anything else. The coupe is definitely smaller inside but it works well for me. There isn't one thing I don't like about this car.

Appearance is great but...
By Patrick on 06/02/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2.5S Coupe (Precision Grey) and had 2 problems already. After having it for 5 days, the car would only start after pushing the start button 15+ times (which the service technician claims it's a defective battery - we'll see) and the a/c compressor has to be replaced (was making a rattling noise). I've had an altima since it debuted in '92 and had no problems with its previous versions. I'm hoping that the new coupe doesn't prove me that Nissan is now marketing more on design and failing on overall reliablility.

Love This Coupe
By Ron on 05/31/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my coupe in AZ and drove it home to Kansas the next day. It is a very comfortable ride. The CVT keeps the engine at its peak power range. The manual mode was great during mountain driving. Averaged 30 miles per gallon. Love the sound system in this car.

By RS on 05/26/08 14:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoy driving this car. Acceleration is surprisingly good with the smaller 4 cyl engine with excellent gas mileage. My only complaint is the limited choice of interior colors to match up with the available exterior colors. I chose the Winter Frost exterior color but was stuck with a black charcoal interior as the standard offering. I live in Texas and believe me the black charcoal interior can feel like an oven if left out in the sun too long.

Double take
By YANKEE51 on 05/26/08 12:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have been looking for a car for the past year. Looked at Audis, Benzes, Lexus, Infiniti, Hondas, Toyotas and finally Nissan. I was leaning toward the Accord coupe V6 but when I saw the Altima coupe in precision grey, I was hooked. I got mine fully loaded and I can't believe all the looks and double takes this car receives. This car makes me want to leave work early just to drive and park around a group of people just for the comments.

Nissan Man
By Ron Nickel on 05/19/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Didn't want the 4 door because so many on the road, then the coupe came out and it was just what I was looking for. After owning 4 previous Nissan vehicles I wanted another, but wanted a sporty look with good gas mileage. This coupe does both. Rides quiet and smooth at 31+ mpg city/hwy combined.

Altima 2.5 coupe
By Joe5speed on 05/13/08 08:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The good: fun to drive, CVT great in auto and manual, more mpgs then epa states, 4 cyl plenty of power even on hill with a/c and cruise on! The bad: owners manual and dvd are vague on some operations, trip computer cumbersome to operate. Uses time to mileage rating that is grossly inaccurate unles reset each time you start moving! Psgr seat does not reset to preset back position when tipped forward, resets to an uncomfortable 90 degree position requiring manual reset. Initiate XM radio directions are non existent, user left on own to figure out. The ugly: power steering is over sensative, subject to wondering and oversteering at highway speeds but handles great otherwise. Smart key=big $

Fun fun fun
By Adam on 05/08/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It is a sleek looking car and caught my eye. The 4L is plenty powerful and the standard package is enough for anyone. I am 6'6" and I LOVE that there is no sun roof standard... if there was I would be able to fit inside. (Made me choose the Altima over the Civic Si) Thank you Nissan for that one. It is an overall fun and sporty ride with an exceptional interface between the engine and transmission.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.