Used 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great Balanced Car!
By DanTheMan89

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

What a great car! This is the second car I've owned, my first was a gas guzzler. Stepping down from a Trans Am WS6 5.7 liter engine to a 2.5, I didn't expect the Altima to have much power at all. Man, was I wrong this car is a joy to drive. It's very spirited with the CVT, but also can get great gas mileage. I've been averaging 30mpg, 40 on long trips. Handling is superb also, I live down a long back road with many curves and It's exhilarating navigating the turns. I love the exterior of the car, It's just gorgeous and stands out from the crowd. I get compliments all the time! If your looking for a all around balanced sporty ride, look no further this is the car.

Push Button Start, Powerful 4 cylinder engine, overall beautiful exterior looks, spacious trunk for a coupe.

I love everything about this car, only thing is I wish it came with Alloy Wheels, no biggie though.

Still Very Happy
By Becca

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I wanted a 6-speed 2.5 with Premium, and I special ordered it before they even arrived at the dealership. I was hesitant about Intelligent Key and the push-button start, but I really like both of them - especially the iKey for the safety factor. When gas was over $4.00 a gallon, I loved the 35 MPG I was getting on the highway! This is the nicest car I've ever owned, so I have very little criticism. I *did* have the whistling mirror issue, which the dealership quickly resolved. Also, my passenger seat shakes at high speed if nobody is sitting in it, and that can be somewhat distracting. No fix for that, I'm told.

Intelligent Key, in-dash satellite radio, 20 gallon fuel tank, Bluetooth

The trunk's capacity doesn't need to be bigger, but it would be nice if the opening was somehow bigger.

Nice Car with Problems
By Disillusioned

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in a WRX because wanted a better highway cruiser. Nice car inside and out, but had a couple of issues. Windows roll down by themselves, once overnight during freezing rain. Nissan mechanics could not fix that problem. The other issue was the CVT. On wet pavement with a fast takeoff the transmission would stay at around 4000 RPM unless you backed off completely from the gas and waited a few seconds. Really liked the looks, couldn't live with the two problems. Traded Altima in on a VW.

Base stereo was excellent. Very sporty appearance and quality interior.

Remove the auto roll down feature of the windows and lose the CVT.

Another Nissan, Another Winner.
By Zack B

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in my 04 Spec V on this car. One of the most difficult, yet one of the best things I've ever done. The Spec V was a wonderful bang for the buck, and I have graduated to the next level of bang for the buck with my new Altima Coupe SE with Premium Package. Hands down, this is the best daily driver sport coupe on the market. Plenty of performance without sacrificing comfort. The Bose stereo is fantastic. Homelink and Bluetooth systems are absolutely wonderful. Plenty of punch with the VQ35DE motor paired with the Xtronic CVT. Takes a bit of getting used to coming from a 6 speed manual. The speed can sneak up on you very easily as the car accelerates effortlessly at any RPM.

Intellikey setup is INCREDIBLY convenient. Leave keys in the pocket and operate everything in the car. Bluetooth system has had the kinks worked out from earlier variations in the 06 Infiniti G models. Push button start is just sexy. So are the leather seats.

I actually lost trunk space coming from my B15 Sentra. This is an Altima, so I found this astonishing. The Accord coupe has a massive trunk (although it has a massive rear to go with it). Not as much clearance into the back seats as I would like, but I did buy a 2 door, so I can't much complain.

Manual transmission issue
By richard keyser

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I find the interior to be rather cheap for a car of that price range. The dash looks cheap and the ride is not particularly smooth. I had a 15 year old Saab prior to this Nissan and it had less road noise and drove smoother than my new Nissan. Also every time I try to shift into second gear the manual transmission gives me trouble. Almost have to force it into second gear. Very disappointed in my purchase. Dealership not very helpful in fixing the problem. First and only Nissan I will ever own.

Body style.

interior looks like a ford escort, cheap materials inside, driving comfort not particularly great for a car of that level/ price range.