2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Sort Reviews by

A G35 for less than 35k
By edwin

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car! Every time I pull up to the valet, everyone always comments on my super black, fully loaded coupe! The gas mileage is fantastic. I never get tired of the push-button ignition. Nissan doesn't advertise this model too often, so when people see they are very surprised. A great 50k car for under 30k!

Favorite Features

Push-button ignition, keyless entry, Bose surround system, blue-tooth hands free technology, CVT, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change would be the honey comb grill but it doesn't really bother me.

Sporty Value
By whitng

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded up from a Sentra SE-R. Although much bigger, the Altima Coupe 3.5SE has more power and a luxyury-car like interior with the premium pkg. I'm getting almost the same gas mileage as the Sentra, too! Handling is softer but the A/C is a great value for what you get.

Favorite Features

Rear 3/4 styling

Suggested Improvements

Need sport suspension option

My car is so awesome!
By Barbara

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I can't stop staring at this car... along with everyone else that sees it. It not only looks great it handles wonderfully. We have an 07 Altima sedan. I didn't think I could love a car more than that, until I got the coupe. I have the premium pkg. in both and wouldn't get anything else. The coupe is definitely smaller inside but it works well for me. There isn't one thing I don't like about this car.

Favorite Features

The look of it is just beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

The inside side and top material is a beige color on all the cars no matter the color of the seats. I have black leather in both and the beige sides and top would have been so much nicer looking in grey for that color interior.

Appearance is great but...
By Patrick

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2.5S Coupe (Precision Grey) and had 2 problems already. After having it for 5 days, the car would only start after pushing the start button 15+ times (which the service technician claims it's a defective battery - we'll see) and the a/c compressor has to be replaced (was making a rattling noise). I've had an altima since it debuted in '92 and had no problems with its previous versions. I'm hoping that the new coupe doesn't prove me that Nissan is now marketing more on design and failing on overall reliablility.

Favorite Features

The coupe design is a plus. CVT, responsive brakes, stiff suspension, relatively low blindspots for a coupe, and room rear seats for a coupe. The keyless entry and start up are quite a novelty item. Only time will tell if it's durable and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Body: front lip spoiler design needs improvement. Larger trunk space is needed (at least for golf clubs). Mechanical: less engine noise.

Love This Coupe
By Ron

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my coupe in AZ and drove it home to Kansas the next day. It is a very comfortable ride. The CVT keeps the engine at its peak power range. The manual mode was great during mountain driving. Averaged 30 miles per gallon. Love the sound system in this car.

Favorite Features

Its power, sound system, comfort of the seats, smart key, handling, sound of the engine under full acceleration, and fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

The nav system cuts out some functions when underway. You have to stop the vehicle to use some functions. The nav system in my Acura is more functional.

By RS

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoy driving this car. Acceleration is surprisingly good with the smaller 4 cyl engine with excellent gas mileage. My only complaint is the limited choice of interior colors to match up with the available exterior colors. I chose the Winter Frost exterior color but was stuck with a black charcoal interior as the standard offering. I live in Texas and believe me the black charcoal interior can feel like an oven if left out in the sun too long.

Favorite Features

Keyless ignition, gas mileage, body styling.

Suggested Improvements

As mentioned, the black charcoal interior as the standard offering with most of the exterior colors.

Double take
By YANKEE51

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have been looking for a car for the past year. Looked at Audis, Benzes, Lexus, Infiniti, Hondas, Toyotas and finally Nissan. I was leaning toward the Accord coupe V6 but when I saw the Altima coupe in precision grey, I was hooked. I got mine fully loaded and I can't believe all the looks and double takes this car receives. This car makes me want to leave work early just to drive and park around a group of people just for the comments.

Favorite Features

Looks, power, nav/back up camera, XM radio

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is good. Wish it ran on regular gas.

Nissan Man
By Ron Nickel

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Didn't want the 4 door because so many on the road, then the coupe came out and it was just what I was looking for. After owning 4 previous Nissan vehicles I wanted another, but wanted a sporty look with good gas mileage. This coupe does both. Rides quiet and smooth at 31+ mpg city/hwy combined.

Favorite Features

Intelligent key, CVT

Suggested Improvements

The key fob needs complete redesign. Buttons not recessed so everytime I bend down with the fob in my pocket the trunks pops open, the alarm goes off, the doors lock/unlock or windows roll down. A real pain to take off down the road and realize the trunk popped open at some point before you left

Altima 2.5 coupe
By Joe5speed

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The good: fun to drive, CVT great in auto and manual, more mpgs then epa states, 4 cyl plenty of power even on hill with a/c and cruise on! The bad: owners manual and dvd are vague on some operations, trip computer cumbersome to operate. Uses time to mileage rating that is grossly inaccurate unles reset each time you start moving! Psgr seat does not reset to preset back position when tipped forward, resets to an uncomfortable 90 degree position requiring manual reset. Initiate XM radio directions are non existent, user left on own to figure out. The ugly: power steering is over sensative, subject to wondering and oversteering at highway speeds but handles great otherwise. Smart key=big $

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, power, handling, over all looks (sporty look) and ease of operation of onboard controlls. Easy and fun to drive, handles well overall and rides comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

Trip computer time to miles (MPG) calculator needs to be reset frequently for accurate reading; also for maintenance reminder operation - docs are lacking, took 3 days to firue out how to resest second digits for each entry, even dealer could not figure it out. Should make s- key less

Fun fun fun
By Adam

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It is a sleek looking car and caught my eye. The 4L is plenty powerful and the standard package is enough for anyone. I am 6'6" and I LOVE that there is no sun roof standard... if there was I would be able to fit inside. (Made me choose the Altima over the Civic Si) Thank you Nissan for that one. It is an overall fun and sporty ride with an exceptional interface between the engine and transmission.

Favorite Features

Style. Stereo. Head room... no standard sun roof. Also enjoy the seats.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly larger trunk.