Used 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 257 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best in class in my opinion.
By Dmitry

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought it after 3 months of deliberations, initially zeroed in on 3 possibilities: Altima, Camry and Accord. Didn't like Accord styling all that much, and Camry's handling was subpar even for that sedan class. I noticed more and more L32 Altimas in my area, so I figured all these owners couldn't be so wrong. Great car, I was afraid I might get one with poor mileage performance, but right now I average 28 mpg city, confirmed by ScanGauge II. I love CVT, 4-cyl engine has sufficient power to have fun on the road, I used to have 1998 BMW 740iL and Altima seems almost as roomy inside.

CVT, fuel economy, sporty exterior, abundant legroom.

Come up with radio console design that would allow easy upgrading to aftermarket receivers.

What a surprise!
By Vanessa

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had to buy a new car due to a bad accident in my Honda so I test drove many cars and the Altima came out on top! It drives so well, has nice standard features and is very roomy and comfortable. I had no idea how great this car really was! I am very happy with my purchase!

The on screen displays of how many MPG I'm getting, how many miles to empty and alerts. Excellent sounding speakers and plenty of room! Oh and I can't forget to mention the push start and keyless door access without using a remote.

Sunroof would be nice, move the front cup holders to a more convenient location.

Re-think_problems
By Re-think_Problems

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car about 5 months a go. I was enjoying this car for first 2 months. It was fun to drive until I had to take it in for driver side seat movement. The driver seat moves left to right when you do any type of turns. It even moves when you move it by hand. Dealers last note on their service paper "Fixed the broken bushing, seat still moves." I have called their customer support number. They keep telling me that they are working on this problem. No resolution. Finally, I got hold of Lemon Law ATTORNEY and filled a LAW SUIT with Nissan. I will NEVER BUY NISSAN AGAIN.

Push button ignition

MP3 cd compatible should be standard on all models.

Disappointed
By Sunny

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I needed a commuter car. The Altima looks good and feels solid, but there a little things about the car that just bug the heck out of me. For anyone that drives a lot, rent this car first and drive it. Do your homework. If I could only do it all over again I would not have bought this car.

Body style.

Driver's visor... no matter where it is the sun is still in your eyes. The brake pedal is too high & gas peddle is too low. The brakes are really bad! I wished I could do it all over again.

Solid, Reliable Choice
By Robert Schoell

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a very solid, reliable choice, and excellent value for money. I've enjoyed one year of problem-free, comfortable driving. The leather package is well worth getting, as it comes with a lot of impressive standard features (e.g. auto-dim mirrors, power seats). This is a great multi-functional car.

Roomy, spacious interior, strong acceleration, good A/C and heating, and excellent fuel economy are all big plus points with this car. It's distinctive optics are also a plus with this vehicle.

1) Range function on the trip computer could be made more accurate. 2) Internal trunk release button should be marked.