2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Great Car
By Lois Sutton on 02/05/08 09:37 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a Honda CRV in July 2007 and was very disappointed in the gas mileage (17 mpg). So in December 2007 I decided to try the Nissan Altima (2008). I was very surprised at the pickup that this car had for a 4 cyl. (the Honda had a 4 cyl. too but was not as peppy). So after spending a couple hours at the dealership working out the details, I drove out being the proud owner of a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. Right off the bat my mileage around town is 25 mpg. There aren't any sedans in this class that really come close to 25 mpg. I really love this car. It handles like a dream and is very sporty. I had owned 3 Maximas before buying the Honda and from now on, I'll only buy a Nissan.

Poor Man's Infiniti
By Mufasa on 02/04/08 21:49 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was ready to buy Accord, but felt I should at least drive an Altima. Wow. Internet pics dont do car justice. Very smooth, refined, and the cvt is so sweet and the sound system is solid. First tank of gas the mileage was not that good, mainly because of my desire to get the know the power of those 270 horses. 2nd tank of gas resulted in average of 26mpg -- which was 75% highway and 25% city. I know I am sacrificing 4-5mpg for v6 instead of v4, but I can live with it.

Great Ride!
By Tony on 02/04/08 12:18 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I opted for a fully loaded 3.5 SE including the tech pkg and VDC; I struggled deciding whether or not to just get the prem pkg (no nav), but I am VERY happy with my decision. I love the bluetooth, XM radio, nav system with XM NavTraffic updates, & all of the voice activated commands. The car has excellent handling capabilities despite the front drive setup and the 3.5 V6 is as sweet as they come! My gas mileage has been surprising great (22 city/26 hwy) and the CVT's manual mode is a real hoot. I highly recommend this car to anyone cross shopping the Accord, Camry, or Malibu (and even the G35, 325i or C300). No regrets!

I LOVE this car
By Bren on 01/31/08 14:02 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We took delivery of our car about a week ago, and from the moment I sat in it, I was thrilled. It's fast, it's sporty, it's fun. I love the acceleration and the CVT is perfect for this car. It's got enough gadgets to satisfy the geekish part of me, and the gas mileage seems to be pretty good so far, although I haven't driven it much yet.

Finally a Stand Out Sedan!
By Tiok on 01/22/08 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased this car Jan. 7 and found out that this car really runs great with no jittering feeling when the car shifts gears thanks to the CVT. It really made a big difference. It accelerates good and has a special feature for those who were locked out of their cars. This one won't lock you out and I found out about it accidentally. Put my back pack in the trunk without knowing that my key is in one of its pockets and the trunk keep popping up everytime I tried to close it till I realized that the car key is on it. What a relief, I don't have to call a locksmith.

Best Car in its Category
By Krishna Singh on 01/21/08 10:14 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

CVT, leather seats, Bose system, keyless start. What else can you ask for at this price point. Fun to drive, very good pickup, excellent looks, nice fuel economy (23 city, 29 highway).

7th new car -- best I've ever owned
By DominickF on 01/19/08 18:10 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Got a 2.5 SL with connection package. Great handling, excellent fit and finish, sporty look and feel. Nice quiet ride. Very powerful 4 cylinder; mileage is impressive. Love the tech touches.

Very Satisfied First Time Nissan Buyer
By Dilligas on 01/15/08 10:06 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Having had a V6 Accord and VR6 Jetta in the past, I can honestly say that this is the sportiest sedan I have ever owned by a longshot. The low growl of the engine every time I step on the gas reinforces my purchase decision. Love the tekkie features like the push button start and bluetooth capability. What seem like gimmicks quickly become indispensable.

Best Value For Your Money
By Dave on 01/10/08 22:37 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

With all the features and good build, not to mention easy on the wallet, how can you go wrong? 100% satisfied!

Loaded 2.5 SL w/navigation and bluetooth
By AltimaOwner on 01/10/08 13:12 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great ride, smooth acceleration, the CVT is awesome. Very comfortable driver's seat, power lumbar support is a nice feature. I've owned a Toyota Camry and Honda Accord - both are great cars - but this Altima is a great combination of both a sporty drive and great gas mileage, and a slightly better price than Toyota or Honda. I hope it holds up as well as my Toyotas and Hondas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.