Great car, a few glitches.
By craigj on
2005 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
Overall I love this car - it looks great and handles great. The performance is great and though the ride is stiff, I find it to be comfortable even for 2 or 3 hour rides. I get about 19 mpg which is all surface streets, even getting on it occasionally :). The handling is very neutral - not too much oversteer, just what you'd expect from this configuration. The interior is, in my opinion, just right for a sports car - nice and clean, a little spartan. the exterior is just beautiful, especially in titanium with the 18" wheels and brembo brakes. I do feel that there are some issues with the build quality. To date I've encountered a leaking roof, a drivetrane rattle, misaimed headlights.
Favorite Features
My favorite features would be the performance and handeling. The exaust is tuned just right, agressive but not too loud. the 8-way adjustable seate are very comfortable. It is fun to watch the automatic top in action, and is worth the trunk space I'm sure it cost.
Suggested Improvements
fit and finish is good but not great. Put the heated seat switches somewhere else - they are right under your arm/elbow when shifting. Stereo is good, but could be better. 5.1 DVD and iPod interface would be nice along with controls on the stearing wheel. Fuel filler cap hangs against the paint.