2000 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews 7

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Galant
By Tyron on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

Overall the car is good. The value really drops after you drive off the showroom floor. (nothing like the Nissian or Toyota). Two break jobs and I only have 36K miles on it. (The dealers has a license to steal)

mits galant 2000
By kshwetz on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

the only vbad thing about this car is the value drops fast.

145 HP
By carlos94110 on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

nice looking car , not expensive , I like it .

UNderrated Car
By Jodum on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

My mother has had this car for almost 3 years now and I ahve driven it several times. For a 4-banger it has great perfromance and loves to be pushed. The interior is very cramped- with two adults in the front, there is barely any leg room in the back seats and Mitsubishi can do a much better job in getting more interior space out of the very long car. It has an enormous trunk. A good sound system and nice (fake) wood trim.

Fell for the Financing Gimmick
By vipdave on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I owned a '92Galant LS and loved it until I was wiped out by a poor driver and the insurance company totaled it. So I bought the 2000 GalantES hoping for a similar experience. 2 recalls, very noisy ride, and a few other problems have made for a disappointing experience. Now that I am trying to sell it, I am going to take a big loss in order to unload it.

Poor quality and resale
By DJPDX on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

It is an attractive car, handles well and I negotiated a good price since they are trying to unload the poor things off of dealer lots. This car was of poor build quality, has been recalled three times, and was returned to the dealer numerous times for various warranty problems. When I went to sell it, NOBODY WANTED IT!! The dealers offered 30% of original MSRP even though it was in excellent condition. No one would call on it in the paper, even though it was below wholesale NADA blue book. Don't buy a Mitsubishi! Spend more and buy the quality of a Honda or Toyota. In the end, you'll be happier.

go get one
By Mr. Ern on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I highly recomend this vehicle. I never had one problem with this car with the mileage I put on it. The only thing you have to do is change the fluids and go. After about 30,000 miles the engine became nosier but still pleasant.

An excellent deal!
By khpark on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

I am reaching 40k miles on my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES-V6 with premium package. I've never had any problems and I love driving my Galant! Great power, Excellent handling, and I love the way it looks. Sure, Accord or Camry may be good too, but they are BORING and more expensive!!! Why spend more money on those when you can get everything out of Galant! I have never regretted buying my Galant and it's been 2 and half years since I bought it!

Good sporty sedan
By Gagan on 03/08/02 13:01 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

I like the styling and the steering of the car. It has given me no problems at all. The V6 engine provides this car a lot of spright.

Can't Beat it for the Price
By Sid on 03/01/02 16:12 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

Compared to the Honda Accord or Toyota Camary in performance, style, quality it it is neck to neck. I think it is just a personal preference as to which one appeals to individual. But when you talk price there is no comparison, The Mitsubishi Galant is $2k to $2.5k less than the Accord or Camary. If you trade frequently, you might consider an Accor or Camary. But if you are one to keep your vehicle awhile, then the Mitshbishi Galant is a top choice.