Used 2000 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

2000 Mitsubishi Galant
By Rhonda Hodge

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

I have only had my Galant for almost a year. The reliability is awesome I moved from Oklahoma to Florida recently and I drove my car down here it was a very comfortable trip.

Favorite Features

The one-touch sunroof operation.

Trouble free car
By Smith

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

I' ve never felt safer in a car. My Galant is easy to drive, reliable, and trouble free. With regular maintenance, you'll keep driving it forever. It has 105,000 miles on it now and it still drives like new. The only major "investment" was a timing belt changed at 85k (typical I was told). Besides the ususal: brake pads, tires and that' s about it. The day I sell it I will buy a new one.

Favorite Features

The interior decor and comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior could be nicer.

So far so good at 50K
By tjk in MN

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

It's been good to me for a very reasonable price when bought new. Praises from me include, decent engine power, good gas mileage, great looks, and fun to drive. Small complaints would include the limited-small trunk pass-through, the back seat only fits two (2) kids car seats, and it's hard to see the air conditioning light during the daytime. Ours also seems to have an affinity for attracting summertime hail storms (two so far). Overall, great vehicle with no maintenance problems...

Favorite Features

styling and fun-to-drive quotient.

Suggested Improvements

a brighter A/C light, and bigger trunk pass-through (like a back seat fold- down)

Excellent auto
By Debster

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

My Galant has 72K on it, and it has been an awesome car with no major issues except a glitch with the radio that I fixed myself. Still handles well and looks great. Would highly recommend. I especially love the way it handles, and the engine is peppy enough to be a V6 even though it is only a 4-cyl. In fact, I bought this from a dealer and the sales guy was bummed because it was the car he was driving around... keep up the great cars! Looking to possibly upgrade to SUV but will certainly look at Mitsubishi - if it drives as great as this car, I will be happy!

Favorite Features

Quick pickup and lots of space - very comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Get some more interesting exterior colors! Really can't think of much else to improve...

GTZ, a great car, but lacks the push
By Walrus2004

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

The GTZ is my third car, I am only 18 years old. It is next to an BMW on looks and interior, but lacks the kick and power of a BMW. I have a GTZ, which has no different engine than the V6 ES, just a sport suspension and other options included. I love the car, but if you are looking for something fast, you're looking in the wrong place. Awesome sound system and great for picking up a date!

Favorite Features

Sounds system. 5 front speakers. ALL INFINTY!

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower and definately more low end torque. Terrible off the start, hard to even peel out, also a button to turn the traction control off!