Used 2000 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Most Helpful|
So Far So Good
By Facts

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

Bought my Galant used with 12,000 miles. I have to say, for the price I can't complain too much. Quick acceleration for a 4 cylinder. Brakes wore out pretty fast. The car gives a little electric shock from time to time as the door is touched when exiting. Passenger door sometimes doesn't unlock. Cruise Control malfunctioned, Dealership fixed it under warranty. During the daytime it is hard to determine if the AC is on, due to AC indicator light being colored neon green (someone was not thinking at all on this one).

Favorite Features

Fog Lamps, CD Player, Body Design, Aux 12V Power Source, Fuel Economy, Trunk Space

Suggested Improvements

16 inch tires, Value

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES Cheap Parts
By Galant ES

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

This car only has 73,000 miles on it and it runs great but, the parts are way too cheap and the value goes down like a rock in water. I see one of these cars in every corner. They are very common. Exterior parts aren't glued too well. The interior parts are aren't either. Not lots of room in the back. I've seen lots of these cars with the exterior paint fading. To be honest I do not think this car is one of the safest out there. Besides all that, the transmission is great I've had no mechanical problems with it. Just the brakes. Ive painted it once already. This is like a Honda except it has cheap plastic parts.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, and that's about it.

Suggested Improvements

It needs better quality on the parts. Basically make this car better so the value does not drop so fast.

The Galant Sucks
By Zubaid

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

The front tires shake excessively during breaking. And I have affirmed this from other Galant owners (even GTZ owners). When going over a bump, it feels as if the front axle just can't take it. Too much torque coming from the V6. They didn't try to distribute the torque at all, simple switch of the 4 cylinder to a 6 during construction and design...bad idea. The car bolts forward if you're not careful. Overall..a piece of crap and I regret buying it every single day. My advice: Don't buy this car!!

Very Poor Quality Car
By BHL311

2000 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan

I feel sorry for all Gallant owners! You think you have such a great car now, wait until four or five years from now when your clear coat breaks down and Mitsubishi won't do a thing about it because it is out of warranty! Be aware and stay away from Mitsubishi if you have not purchased one yet! It is a joke! Not only did it happen to me it happened to another person in the same apartment building! Stay away from Mitsubishi! They don't believe in QUALITY!

Wasn't the best for me...
By skally

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

After buying this car I realized it was one of those cars the dealer patches up just to get off the lot. The instrument cluster had been swapped out which means the car likely had higher miles than stated. The transmission didn't shift into overdrive which I never did resolve. After a few weeks of driving it the upper rear shock mount broke. So I fixed those things and traded it in on something else.

Favorite Features

Stylish exterior, powerful motor.

Suggested Improvements

Just find a better one than I did. It may have only had one owner but I think they beat the poor thing up mechanically.