Used 2000 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

150,000 miles and still going strong
By Motschrocker

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after graduating high school I put a good 80,000 miles on it in four years time. No major mechanical problems. Replaced brakes, tire, sway bar links at about 120,000 and then the radiator at 145,000. Great in Iowa snow storms. Unfortunately my model is black and the clear coat faded at about 100,000. This is a common problem with black Mitsubishi's. Other than that great car! Would recommend to anyone.

Smooth ride

Paint defects are an eye soar.

Still going strong!
By davo225

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

Purchased with 16K miles, now at 135K and still going strong. Mostly routine maintenance. The radiator developed a small crack at 125K and was replaced and I had to have new rear struts a couple of years ago, but that's about it. Fun to drive, very smooth transmission, quite peppy - even with the 4 cylinder transmission. Still looks great. Cons are minor: I have occasionally rode in the back seat on trips, and the back is not that comfortable for an adult. The cup holders are awkwardly located. This is on the small end of midsized cars (new Galants larger). Gas mileage 22-28 - OK but not fantastic. Overall, this has been a great vehicle.

Leather interior moonroof acceleration and transmission excellent

need better placed cup holders better mpg would be nice

Been a great car
By jb

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

Bought it new, now has 140k miles. Live in the DC area, so I needed a car with a little "zing" to get off and on the beltway. Have only replaced the O2 sensor. Reliable, responsive, good stereo. Everything still works (amazing with 3 teens sharing. Nothing has broken, though showing wear on the outside edge of drivers seat.

Reliability, acceleration, handling, sunroof, roomy trunk.

Road noise, faux wood interior trim.

Warrior Galant
By MiamiGalant

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2007 at an auto auction as a previous rental car with a whopping 185,000! I couldn't believe this car was still running so good. I kept the car for my father and today this car has 231,756. My father probably changed the oil 2-3 during his ownership and this car still runs great, no problems whatsoever. Mitsubishi did great with these, I really underestimated them.

reliability, smooth suspension, luxury ride on such a small vehicle

Better quality glove boxes, but I guess the glove box latch is what kept Mitsubishi auto parts in business. LOL

EXCELLENT Vehicle
By Mary

2000 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan

My mom bought it in 2000, and gave it to me this year; has roughly 224,000 miles on it, never needed anything expensive done to it, just routine maintenance. The tranny and engine still run just as strong as when my mom first bought it. After getting this car, I will always buy a foreign made car, never American made again. On the interstate it goes nice and smooth and I can't even hear the engine even though the car is turned on. Excellent vehicle, I hope it runs for many more miles.

Body style, comfortable seating, I just like the fact you almost never have to fix a thing on this car. I am very happy my mom gave it to me.

Back seat could be a little bigger, I have three kids, all their car seats almost fit in there perfectly, just needs a little more room, but other than that, nothing else needs to change.