Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Happy With the Car.
By BartD

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for almost 2 years. I have had no mechanical problems with it and still has the same power as when I got it from the dealer. The only problem was my driver seat motor broke, and squeaky brakes. But all were replaced under warranty. I'm happy with the car, but I am getting tired of squeezing passengers in. The road/wind noise is also starting to get to me. When you first purchase the car your notice the wheel gap is huge. While on the mitsu posters/commercials there is none. Lower the car to make it look better. I have gotten nothing but compliments for this car. It is great,strong engine, quality seats, and fun to drive but it is not very economical

Favorite Features

Strong engine, great styling, solid build, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius, interior plastic is easily scratch able, clutch is really soft and if used for launching will need to be replaced soon, no AWD option, stock tires are terrible. Replace immediately, long throws for stick shift, rotors warped quickly(replace with aftermarket),and resale value is poo

Best of Three Eclipses I've Owned
By Mitsuwomn

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Looks like a 'future car' both interior and exterior. The V6 engine is quite powerful & the car handles great. It is much tighter than the 3g version. It's my every day driver and it makes my commute fun!

Favorite Features

I love the style and the pep of this car. Nothing else like it on the road for the price.

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius. I had hoped it had been inproved over the '03 GT I owned, but sadly it has not. Small price to pay though!

Still the "Fun" Sport Coupe
By Masahiro

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

It's been nearly one and a half years and 16000 miles since I purchased my Eclipse. So far, it still performs like it did when I first got it. It's running great! I'm totally satisfied with my vehicle. The only improvement I made last month was getting a new set of tires. Got the Kumho ultra high performance (slightly wider than the original Goodyears). And, it certainly was worth the money - rides even better! I'm hoping to get many more "fun" years with this Eclipse.

Favorite Features

Performance. Interior comfort. Sound system. Exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Placement of side-view mirrors. Should be available in AWD.

Love this car
By Lilgabri03

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought these car about a month ago and I have enjoyed it greatly. I am 22 and right out of college and I was looking for something sporty and nice, but at the same time that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Favorite Features

I would say the exterior of the car. I can't even count the numerous compliments I have received. Also, the sound system is awesome. My car came with a 10 inch sub so that just added to it. I really like the sunroof and the interior layout of the car.

Suggested Improvements

The blind spots! Don't even bother turning your head, the side mirrors are positioned a little to close than normal, but this is definitely something that you will get used to. The backseat is very small and can't really fit people back there. Not a fan of the plastic on the back of the seats.

Quite a decent car
By Erik

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The new Mitsubishi Eclipse is a hit. The four cylinder loves to rev, has adequate performance. I have 15k on the car on everything is great on it. Everybody loves my car. People think it is nice. The quality of the interior is fairly good. The optional Rockford Fosgate system booms with sound. The ride is comfortable. The steering is nicely weighted. But I hope you don't plan on using that back seat. Only children or small toddlers can tolerate it. I'm over six foot, trust me, you'll go nuts in the back seat. When it comes to cargo time, this car ain't too bad. I hauled a new boxed computer in it and monitor and it fit just right. The car in my opinion is a car that is a looker.

Favorite Features

The styling has very nice. The Eclipse has matured over the years. The brakes are great, very good stopping control. Tires have ample grip, they really hug the road. The Sportronic transmission is nice shifting at 6,000 RPM. It sounds invigorating. Pretty much everything.

Suggested Improvements

Performance could be a bit better. 162 horses ain't going to cut it. A sports car should have better performance. Visibility is poor. The interior could be made of a bit less hard plastic. And with such a nice car it should offer a dual exhaust. Reduce the weight it detracts from the cars agility.