Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Love my Eclipse GT Special Edition "RV"
By Speedy Cowgirl

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

After a decked out 300M "couch on wheels," I didn't think I'd be happy with a small car. The Eclipse is stronger than my 300M was, and very sharp looking with the ground effects. I LIVE in my car (thus the RV part of my title). I drive 130 miles/day round trip to work. 2000-mile roundtrip road trips a couple of times/year, without disappointment; 50000 in 20 months! It has excellent handling and performance, although difficult to park. It consistently gets 28 mpg as long as I don't drive like a fool. Seat heat & "vibrating massage" from the 650w speaker are also nice on road trips. The car is built for one person, although passenger will enjoy seat heat/leg room, but no power seat.

3.8 engine with 262 hp, cockpit, ground effects, 650w speaker, moonroof. It is nice and heavy at 4288 lbs. gross weight - I feel like there is some steel between me and whatever is coming, and I am safe in there. No defects - just regular oil changes, & new brakes/tires when worn out - perfect!

Stereo lacks RBDS display. I miss seat memory, onboard computer telling MPG & DTE. Factory Goodyears wore well but had a bad belt & made embarrassing grinding noise that took forever to figure out - mistaken for break/rotor sounds. Seats could be better padded; plastic seat backs scratch easily.

Happy With the Car.
By BartD

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for almost 2 years. I have had no mechanical problems with it and still has the same power as when I got it from the dealer. The only problem was my driver seat motor broke, and squeaky brakes. But all were replaced under warranty. I'm happy with the car, but I am getting tired of squeezing passengers in. The road/wind noise is also starting to get to me. When you first purchase the car your notice the wheel gap is huge. While on the mitsu posters/commercials there is none. Lower the car to make it look better. I have gotten nothing but compliments for this car. It is great,strong engine, quality seats, and fun to drive but it is not very economical

Strong engine, great styling, solid build, fun to drive

Turning radius, interior plastic is easily scratch able, clutch is really soft and if used for launching will need to be replaced soon, no AWD option, stock tires are terrible. Replace immediately, long throws for stick shift, rotors warped quickly(replace with aftermarket),and resale value is poo

Best of Three Eclipses I've Owned
By Mitsuwomn

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Looks like a 'future car' both interior and exterior. The V6 engine is quite powerful & the car handles great. It is much tighter than the 3g version. It's my every day driver and it makes my commute fun!

I love the style and the pep of this car. Nothing else like it on the road for the price.

The turning radius. I had hoped it had been inproved over the '03 GT I owned, but sadly it has not. Small price to pay though!

Still the "Fun" Sport Coupe
By Masahiro

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

It's been nearly one and a half years and 16000 miles since I purchased my Eclipse. So far, it still performs like it did when I first got it. It's running great! I'm totally satisfied with my vehicle. The only improvement I made last month was getting a new set of tires. Got the Kumho ultra high performance (slightly wider than the original Goodyears). And, it certainly was worth the money - rides even better! I'm hoping to get many more "fun" years with this Eclipse.

Performance. Interior comfort. Sound system. Exterior styling.

Placement of side-view mirrors. Should be available in AWD.

Love this car
By Lilgabri03

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought these car about a month ago and I have enjoyed it greatly. I am 22 and right out of college and I was looking for something sporty and nice, but at the same time that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg.

I would say the exterior of the car. I can't even count the numerous compliments I have received. Also, the sound system is awesome. My car came with a 10 inch sub so that just added to it. I really like the sunroof and the interior layout of the car.

The blind spots! Don't even bother turning your head, the side mirrors are positioned a little to close than normal, but this is definitely something that you will get used to. The backseat is very small and can't really fit people back there. Not a fan of the plastic on the back of the seats.