Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

GT Auto
By Decseh

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Hot looking car, very fun to drive. Car is hungry to go fast all the time. The 5 speed auto with sportshift is fun to drive, if you leave it in auto mode it shifts fast to provide better speed/acceleration. Awesome sound system. Nice leather interior. Great for someone who just rides themselves or maybe one other person. For 263 hp the cars gas mileage isn't too bad. I drive mostly city and I'm getting about 16-17 mpg and probably about 25 on the highway. That's driving with a lead foot too. I don't want to get rid of this car because there's not another car on the market that compares to it. Goes great in the winter as well with the FWD system.

Favorite Features

Rockford Fosgate 6 disc cd changer sound system, power drivers seat, 3.8L V6 performance, drivers cockpit, it feels solid and stable on the roadway, great handling, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Now needing to replace oxygen sensor. Mitsu definitely needs to eliminate the amount of road noise in this car. You can't even talk over it. Map pockets on doors break easily. Turning radius is horrible. Tires wear fast and are VERY expensive. Blind spots are bad and resale value isn't good.

Ammar
By Ammar

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Nice car. Fun to drive. Very good looking and awesome stereo. Great for sports car lovers who r not willing to spend a lot.

Favorite Features

Sound system with woofer and beautiful looks

Suggested Improvements

none

Beautiful Car
By LoCo68

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Couldn't wait for this to come out and I bought one of the first 2006 models on the market in June of '05. Owned an Eagle Talon in '92. Decided on the 4cyl due to the gas mileage. The car takes curves nicely and there is no lack of power. Wish I had upgraded to the 6c and the better sound system.

Favorite Features

The exterior is definitely hot! The "sunset pearlescent" paint is beautiful; I get many comments on it. Also love the cockpit feel of the interior.

Suggested Improvements

Loud interior; lots of road noise. Back seat may as well not be there as it has NO legroom at all! Front seat sits too low. Too much hard plastic inside; scratches easily and small covers tend to come loose. Would like an outside temp gage/compass. Stock speakers are poor quality.

Eclipse Machoman
By Alex

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I am sales representative for computer products in Puerto Rico and my GT 2006 has 98000 miles without any problems.

Favorite Features

Performance with two mods only.

Love my Eclipse GT Special Edition "RV"
By Speedy Cowgirl

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

After a decked out 300M "couch on wheels," I didn't think I'd be happy with a small car. The Eclipse is stronger than my 300M was, and very sharp looking with the ground effects. I LIVE in my car (thus the RV part of my title). I drive 130 miles/day round trip to work. 2000-mile roundtrip road trips a couple of times/year, without disappointment; 50000 in 20 months! It has excellent handling and performance, although difficult to park. It consistently gets 28 mpg as long as I don't drive like a fool. Seat heat & "vibrating massage" from the 650w speaker are also nice on road trips. The car is built for one person, although passenger will enjoy seat heat/leg room, but no power seat.

Favorite Features

3.8 engine with 262 hp, cockpit, ground effects, 650w speaker, moonroof. It is nice and heavy at 4288 lbs. gross weight - I feel like there is some steel between me and whatever is coming, and I am safe in there. No defects - just regular oil changes, & new brakes/tires when worn out - perfect!

Suggested Improvements

Stereo lacks RBDS display. I miss seat memory, onboard computer telling MPG & DTE. Factory Goodyears wore well but had a bad belt & made embarrassing grinding noise that took forever to figure out - mistaken for break/rotor sounds. Seats could be better padded; plastic seat backs scratch easily.