2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Sweet Ride!
By eclipse6racer on 11/18/06 20:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

First off, the obvious about this car...it looks sweet, it handles great, it's fast ,and has a cool interior design especially with the glowing blue leds. What this car is not is a four seater, nor a three seater as the back has absolutely no room. I'm 6'2" and most of my friends are tall as well. But hey, why buy a sports car if you have a family? Go get yourself a minivan in that case! Anyways, it's a very sweet ride and it is fast. I love it,and if you love the sound of a race car, and I don't mean just change the damn muffler, throw a magnaflow exhaust on minus the resonator and second cat and it sounds better than any of those Fast and Furious rides from the movie yummy!

Not the Greatest, Not the Worst
By okeedokee on 11/04/06 11:33 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is not the best nor the worst car I have ever owned. I have had many issues with rattles one in the rear suspension. Also, the check engine light came on with a misfire. The dealer is still trying to find one more rattle (possibly in the tail light). I love driving it and its nice to look at, but I hate having to take it in every few 1,000 miles. The dealership has been helpful in resolving the issues.

I love this Car!
By Amanda on 10/28/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse in January of this year and I love the way it handles on the road. I also love the pick up on the highways.

dreamcar
By dreamcar on 10/18/06 22:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Eclipse about a year ago, right when they came out and iIjust love everything about it. I think it is one of the most stylish cars I've ever seen. I mean it's been a year since it came out and people still turn their heads to look at it.

Great Car!
By Ryan on 10/14/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car for the money. I have had it for about a year with no problems. It gets awesome gas mileage and has awesome looks. All of my friends are jealous..

My Review...The Real Deal
By Mr. Eclipse on 10/10/06 11:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I'm 17 years old and we purchased my '06 Eclipse back in July. I love this car so much. Plus, it helps me feel better about myself. All my friends like the car too. I love driving the 6-speed manual. I wouldn't have settled for the automatic. This is deffinitely a car that holds its own on the streets. And it turns plenty of heads as you drive by in style. Just don't plan on taking a few friends out for the night. Maybe one in the back, but that's all the backseat is going to fit comfortably. And that's if they recline in the whole seat with their legs up in the seat. It's tiny back there. But if you want to take that nice young lady out for the night alone, it is awesome.

Bad Car
By cccrop2323 on 10/06/06 15:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about a year now. At first it was a great car. It has a great look and style. Then it started having problems. The fuel injection wasn't working correctly. At first I though that the warranty would cover the problem, but it ended being caused by a bad tank of fuel. It caused a lot of damage to different parts of the car. It shows the car is not reliable at all. And when I talked with a Mitsubishi rep. she said that the car needs to run a middle grade fuel or premium fuel, otherwise it will have problems again in the future and not be covered by the warranty.

Fun and Fast
By Mike Soffer on 10/05/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have put about 4,500 miles on the car. The slap stick is great and its nice to just slip into drive when in heavy traffic. The car is great except for the "back seat" it is just for show or to punish your kids. Its handling is excellent. Its steering is very quick. This is a sports car for Dad. I have found that the car runs best on 93 gas.

Transmission Problems at 4,200 Miles
By c130crewchief79 on 09/29/06 04:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

OK, I love the car's design and it's fun to drive, but I got the manual transmission for the fun of the drive. I know how to drive a stick as I grew up doing so. At 4,200 miles my clutch decided to go out along with all the components associated. Mitsubishi decided that it was aparrently my fault, not that it might be the design (which I had a Nascar tech tell me was going to be a problem three days after I got it, during an interview for school). Anyway I forked out almost $1,000 and that's after I got a price break because I knew a maintenace person at the dealer. Any way they fixed it. Two days later it was back in the shop. The flywheel was making a loud noise and in neutral my clutch is burning. I rate the transmission pack a 2.

Very Fast Car
By Ronnie and Clyde on 09/12/06 20:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Do not down shift at 80 mph from 6th to 3rd gear and expect the clutch to last, from a technician's perspective. Also, from a technician's perspective this is a great car to own and drive. I'm certified to work on all types of vehicles and this is the one I choose for my wife to drive based on its fun, ease to drive, and reliability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.