2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG - Consumer Reviews

S65 AMG 6.0L V12 Twin-turbo 5-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )
World's Fastest Production Sedan & Most Versitle
By amgfan on 01/27/14 10:28 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

In 2005-06, this car would do 220+ mph off the showroom floor in Germany. A few sports cars have faster 0to60 times, but most don't reach the same top end. Those that do have price tags which are multiples of the S65. Best part of the S65 is that it runs well (and efficiently on one 6-cylinder engine) around town without the need for retuning.

Best Car I've Ever Driven
By Jim on 07/17/08 21:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

Wow! I've driven high performance cars from a Mustang, Porsche, and even Ferrari. This 2006 S65 AMG is an absolute beast on the road. And a classy beast at that. The best way to describe it would be to say it is a rocket! Its super fast from 0-60, and even pulls hard above that! Pure power, smooth acceleration, superb handling and great comfort! If you can find a way to get your hands on one of these babies, its worth every penny (or dollar in this case) I can't wait to drive tomorrow. Sweet!

Smokes the competition
By Kurt Stephon on 03/04/06 08:53 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this 06' S-65AMG around 5 months ago. I have to admit I drove everything from the quattroporte to the BMW 760 to the Bentley Continental Flying Spurt and this Benz cleans house. I have around 13k miles already and have taken about 5 road trips to Texas back to St. Louis and this car is the smoothest best handling peppy sports seadan out there. As far as speed I managed to hit 140 MPH and was it ever smooth! Consider the S-class over your average Bimmer!

Sweet car
By gred on 08/12/05 19:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a very satasfiing car. Sure it may be extremely expensive, but in my mind it is worth it. Not only is it fast, but it also has all of the luxury of any other Benz

My disappointing MB S65 AMG
By Joseph Lieberman on 07/27/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

My 9th and last MB. The mechanical problems are endless. AC is noisier than ever. Shifts like a truck. I had the transmission replaced. Now I have vibrations from there. Knobs and buttons are breaking. Speedometer is a full 20% off. Obviously not the German craftsmanship found in earlier models. I went to the factory last year and was astounded to see a huge number of unskilled laborers performing "Technicians" Jobs. I am very unhappy with this vehicle. I got a Mercedes LEMON.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.