2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
The car not enough people know about.
By BKNYC on 05/31/06 05:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The interior and exterior work well. Seats in the back are awesome for my 2 young children. The ride is as good as any other Mercedes on the market. Could be one of the best all around family automobiles on the road today.

Family Cruiser
By jabbahop on 05/27/06 07:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

For us this car fits well between the 3 row SUVs and the mini vans. We needed separation for my three boys, 4 wheel drive to get up our driveway in winter, and something that was fun to drive and comfortable for me. I only have 1100 miles so far but I like it better than either my ML320 (with third row) or our Volvo Cross country. Much more comfortable, quieter, and a smoother drive.

First trip
By jabbahop on 05/22/06 07:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I drove our new R350 1000 miles from the dealer in KY. I now know why the car is called a tourer. Quiet, smooth, comfortable - a great ride. It isn't a quick vehicle but has enough power. Nice surprises - the cruise control with two increments (up and down one mile per hour to tune speed) - intermittent wipers - ipod integration kit (though it would be nicer to be able to select a play list from the radio controls) - better gas mileage than I feared (22.5) Little annoyances - should have checked out the Xenon lights because on low beam, they don't have great illumination - black interior (and carpet) shows dirt, dust. Overall very happy with it and family loves the room!

Great luxury family car
By R350 new owner on 05/20/06 10:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The interior is one of the most luxurious; the exterior needs to grow on you (my wife loves). The $5000 off invoice unadvertised special makes it the best buy. Handling and noise level are great. Maybe some of the options should be standard. Overall, great family car to drive if you don't want a minivan or the full size SUV.

Very good family vehicle but...
By Van on 03/19/06 10:53 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The R500 is a very good family vehicle. It does seat 6 normal sized adults comfortably. The ride is smooth and quiet similar to Lexus (of which I've owned two). For the size of the car, it handles very well and has plenty of pep with the 5L engine. On the other hand, the build quality is suspect. In the first week we had it, we had to replace an O-ring. Now, we're having problems with the automatic lift gate - sometimes it closes completely, sometimes it doesn't. We've sometimes had to close it 5 or 6 times before it will shut all the way. Now the car is starting to pull to the right - prob. an alignment problem. Also, one of the bulbs on the tailgate light has burned out.

Upgrade to 5.0 litre
By Dan on 03/16/06 10:31 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Drove both versions before deciding on the 5.0 liter. The 3.5 was sluggish, and lacked responsiveness when it was called upon for sudden acceleration. Not as prominent in larger engine. Some body roll on corners, but not too bad. Steering isn't that responsive. Comfortable ride, reliable car. Shifting is smooth unless car is called upon to accelerate (as noted above). Gear shifter is unique (one day, someone will put this car into reverse by accident thinking that they're putting it into park). A pleasure to ride in, better than a standard SUV. Quiet ride. Controls all in good spots. Good in snow.

R350
By r350owner on 03/10/06 10:02 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Driven 4500 miles in the first month, great car-wagon-suv, hauls well, excellent highway vehicle. Spend for the roof luxury package, xeon lights, the kids love it. Installed tv's not offered by MB in headrest worked out great. Mileage stays the same with a load or without, amazing! Nav system- great once you use a few times, find a golf course 3 hours ahead on your trip, what other vehicle does that with accuracy? Great vehicle A+!

Long needed
By RPM on 03/07/06 14:13 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Love the car. Fun to drive, very comfortable to ride in. Power when you need it. Found it to be great in the snow.

The R-500 (S500 Station wagon)
By EmAnBkLyN on 02/27/06 14:26 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Just picked the car up this weekend. I LOVE IT! Handles like a dream, the V8 pulls! I am a 740IL owner and I feel the speed on this car. The AWD handling is just great! A lot of people think its a minivan. No, it is not! Its an S500 Station wagon build in the states.

Fun to drive
By Someone on 02/26/06 14:36 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love the Mercedes r350. it is fun to drive and perfect for any family who wants to fit more than five without sacrificing performance

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.