2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:
Best Yet
By Dave on 09/23/06 07:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have 5k miles and what a great car. The best Mercedes yet. You can't get into trouble with this all wheel drive car!

Great Large Car !
By royalpar1 on 09/07/06 19:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Although this is a true crossover from mini van to suv, it is large, drives great, and is beautiful. Dealer incentives for a 2006 are hard to beat. Best car for the money in its class

A Lemon
By Faye Powell on 09/06/06 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I liked driving the R350. It turns on a dime. I am shaken with apprehension because of the electrical problems that I have experienced with this car. I have had the car in my possession since January. I have never taken the car out of town because I feel it will break down. The last breakdown was in the evening when my daughter was driving the car on a busy road in town. The power went out. She lost the steering and it was a miracle that she did not have a very bad accident. This is the second major electrical breakdown. The car was recalled for inspection soon after I took ownership of the the lease. There have been other electrical problems.

This car is a nightmare
By XPress on 09/04/06 21:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The uniqueness of this car is what makes it attractive. The ride and drive characteristics are great. The unusual appearance gets stares & questions. After 1 year and more than 22,000 miles, I feel qualified to relate all that is not right with this car. Multiple visits to more than one dealer's service department makes this a thumbs down choice for reliable transportation. Car is in the service dept now for the 9th time and is still there after 13 days (the service manager says they need it for at least another week). The problems are recurring; i.e., transmission shifts hard, repeated warning lights (SRS, low coolant,check engine), body panels ill fitting (wind noise), door hard to close. I cannot recommend

Six Months Old and Growing on Me
By MB4ME on 09/04/06 16:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my fourth MB, including 1 wagon and 2 sedans previously, all wonderful vehicles. R-Class has surprising ease of handling like a sedan. Interior is roomy for six adults and gorgeous. Reading the manual first is imperative to become familiar with the hi-tech features. Nav system is great once you master the input procedures. Cargo area adequate for my golf clubs and groceries with seats up. Great sound system. I am averaging 21 mpg. Awesome all-wheel drive and brakes gripped the road in downhill driveway in the snow. My teenagers are fascinated with the different and innovative crossover R. The more I drive the R-Class the more I appreciate the engineering and styling vision.

Luxury Car for Big Families
By kmk on 08/23/06 12:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We have 4 kids of all ages and sizes. We found the R class to be the only luxury car to fit us all comfortably, especially the 3rd row. Very safe, fairly fuel efficient, and has a great ride!

6k miles later and we still like it lots
By Rod on 08/22/06 06:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After 6k miles and hauling around kids and Home Depot runs, groceries, it still is a pleasure to drive around. Heard reliabilty issues but ours must have been built on Wednesday because so far it's been hassle free. The comfort level is Big Benz all the way. Lots of power, great sound system, easy to get in and out of. We're glad we got it.

Worth considering
By Alex B on 08/18/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Nice quality. Very comfortable inside. 6 adult sized seats. Really. Most other large SUV's may "seat 7" but they are not nearly as functional. Decent power, but the 3.5 litre could use another 15-20 horses. Good handling but sways a bit if driven hard. Styling is excellent from the front. Good from the side. Questionable from behind. Brakes are super-powerful - almost hyper sensitive to those used to domestics. 7 speed transmission is very high tech. Works very well. Good car, available with discounts - surprisingly good value. A true crossover that's properly executed. I think sales will pick up once people realize you can have performance, room, safety, style and utility.

Deceptive for hauling
By flevy on 08/03/06 11:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I had leased the R500 and took it home. Only then did we find out that the third row seats did not fold flat or out of the way. When folded, the seat becomes perpendicular to the back and sits 9 inches from the second row. If you are packing for a trip, you lose a tremendous amount of volumetric space. This was never shown and makes it an unrealistic car for trips to the beach. Poor design. Ended up taking the car back and getting SUV.

The Cruiser
By JOHN on 08/02/06 12:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My Dad just recently leased the R500 for me. I only have about 300 miles on it and I am having some problems with the transmision and lots of rattling noises around the car. It is a kick to drive around and I love the power. But for a car that is just below 70K, it needs more standard features. Full leather seats was an option.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.