Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz R-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon

View reviews for a specific R-Class model:

Fanstic car
By Dee

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought the car new in Feb,2007 because of great deal. My 3rd MB just love it. Great for road trips so comfortable especially love the 2nd row seats having same room as front seats. Have not had any problems with car just regular check ups.

Favorite Features

2nd row seats and all the cargo space have to drive an hour for shopping. Great gas mileage for the size of car.

Suggested Improvements

None

Luxury on the road
By Purchased used

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

We purchased a lease return vehicle, replacing a Volvo XC90. The MB is pure luxury in nature. Although the controls are more complicated, the features are second to none. Everyone remarks about the car when we're out and about. At first I thought it was overpriced, but the feel while in the car shows that it is indeed well designed and confortable. We have two 15 year old boys that are 6 feet tall, and the room in the 2nd row sold us on the vehicle. They have lots of room and don't realize they are in a car, even on long trips. Heated 2nd row seats were also a selling point as we live in a cold climate, but have only had front heated seats available before. We are very happy with it.

Favorite Features

Huge sunroof makes rides more enjoyable. Easy to get into the 3rd row seats. Heated 1st and 2nd row seats. Power tilt/telescopic steering wheel. Compass and altitude display. Sound system. Dark tinted windows.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system and radio controls are too complicated. Park assist should beep earlier as you approach barriers.

Once in a Benz, always in a Benz
By HappyBenzowner

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My first luxo-liner. Executive jet indeed it is. This is billiard table smooth on the highway. Nothing like it around town. Must haves are the panorama roof, and navigation and PDC (Parktronic). I can live without 4matic and heated seats. Less complexity and weight. People say "what is it?" And it gets the same mileage as my '06 Honda CRV did. Get one today!! You'll never go back to the "others."

Favorite Features

Panorama roof tilt up / wide open / Parktronic visual / audible radar aid (front / rear). Hot styling - mostly at rear. Massive comfort. Nothing else like it.

Suggested Improvements

Make heated driver seat standard, and keyless Go and those beautiful R500 18" wheels standard too. A beautiful car.

Good Buy
By Joy M.

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R500 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is my MB and I am just loving every bit of it. This machine is comfortable and have ample of room inside to fit 6 Adults to sit comfortably. The gas mileage is very good considering the fact that it is V8. The most comfortable part of this vehicle is that it was very minimal engine noise and the drive (specially in the freeway)is very smooth and comfortable.

Favorite Features

Panoramic roof, park distance control

Suggested Improvements

The rear view camera and phone shouldn't be optional.

Looks great, rides great.
By Karl Z

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Wagon R350 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love this car. I was going to get a C class but the incentives for this car made me take a look at it. This car may no have been successful seller but my wife and I love this car. It looks great and rides great too. The second row is designed to enjoy the ride. The chairs are great and the Panorama view makes it more enjoyable. I bought this preowned and had nothing major except for lightbulb replacement; however, I have read multiple complaints about quality. I just keep my fingers crossed since we are planning to keep this baby for a while.

Favorite Features

The Panorama moonroof is a must. My two years old loves that feature and always asks us to open it. Spacious. Nice trim. Crossover feeling. Not a common MB in the streets.

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage( I live in FL) Parktronic should be standard. Blind spots. Engine noise can be heard from cockpit. With third rows up you can barely put the groceries in.