2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Best M-Class Ever!
By Scott Harris on 06/15/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

When I first drove the new M-Class I was shocked. I had never driven a vehicle, ANY vehicle, that after a test drive, I decided right then and there to buy it. The build quality is second to none. Power eveywhere you need it, at any RPM. I only wish I had waited for the AMG version with over 475 horsepower. The AMG version will be stronger and better built than the Porsche SUV, and cost less. Outstanding quality!

Extremly Impressed
By Howard Rosenberg on 06/11/05 08:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first SUV after 40 years of driving. As soon as I started the test drive I knew this ML350 Benz was for me.The vehicle rides very smooth, absorbs all bumps and hugs the road, especially on highway curves. It handles extremly well due to its easy steering and great turning radius. A quick response to acceleration when needed, and an awesome braking system help add to a fun and excellent driving experience.

Best Car Ever
By J on 06/06/05 17:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car! It's attractive, has great handling and is also innovative and convenient. The interior design allows for great comfort for both the driver and passengers. The navigation system comes in handy as well. It's an ideal car for a family or just one person. It's not too big and not too small. It's perfect. I'd highly recommend purchasing this automobile if you're in the market for a reasonably priced SUV.

Stoked
By HNG-TEN on 06/04/05 22:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

It was hard to find a loaded ML500, and I had to pay the price, but IT was worth it! Smooth just dosn't describe it. It will get up and go. I had an ' 03 E500 before this with good luck and service. I have had and still own large GMC SUV's but this is in another class, Distinctive body style, not a hybrid. You can't confuse this with a Toyota. Great attention to detail. Benz did it up right!

Very Good Vehicle
By Motor Man on 05/31/05 22:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have only had it for 4 weeks, but have driven 3000 miles. So far, not a single problem. The ride and handling are excellent with the air suspension. Power is very good with the v-6 and the 7 speed transmission seems to always be in the right gear.

The New ML
By Dave Richmann on 05/27/05 15:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This new ML is entirely different than the previous model. It is smooth as glass. With a new unitized body and 7 forward gears, this car has the most car-like ride of any sport utility available today. Performance is surprisingly powerfull. Easy to drive yet rugged when it has to be. This new ML has huge interior space. Makes the RX 330 look like a Tonka-toy when you park next to one.

An exceptional SUV
By New_Merc_Fan on 05/26/05 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The new ML 350 is a pleasure to drive compared the previous model. Very aerodynamic with good acceleration. Interior styling is awesome. Road handling is fantastic and it handles turns exceptionally well for an SUV. Navigation system is great. Its been a great experience so far.

Lovin' My Benz
By Rachel on 05/25/05 23:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Although I have only had the new '06 ML for two weeks, I am already in love!! What an amazing vehicle. The new body style is very sleek and attractive from every angle. The Interior is extremely spacious, and unbelievably comfortable. I was a previous Rover owner, and while I loved that vehicle as well, the ML is in a totaly different class. Test drive this baby before you buy anything else!

Much better than previous MLs.
By roger k on 05/24/05 20:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

With trepidation we traded in our '00 320. When it ran it was great. But the electronics were constantly signaling trouble, sometimes turning out to be real. This is a different vehicle, a very different vehicle. It runs great, handles great, and feels great. We are impressed with our first running of it. Everything is fine (but the power steering recall is a bit of a concern, but at least they are fixing it) but the navigation system takes some learning (I wish we had a 12-year old to do this for us). The finish is fine, the acceleration is very good, and the ride outstanding. We like it and look forward to this being the ML and MB we have wanted.

Big step up from MDX
By Mike63 on 05/19/05 22:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just sold my wife's MDX and picked up a 2006 ML350. While the MDX was incredibly reliable and practical, it drove like an appliance. The Benz is a big step forward in performance. The engine feels much more powerful than her 2002 MDX and the transmission is by far the most seamless I've ever driven. It's much quieter on the highway than the MDX and just feels more substantial too. Braking is much better (not a strong suit of the Acura). Overall a great SUV. I hope it proves to be reliable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.