2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Great SUV
By godboles on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car overall. Test drove the ML and Acura MDX. MDX is very bland. ALmost like a honda. MDX is very noisy inside, even more than my Camry. ML drives really great. Very comfortable. Powerful enough for me. Lot of goodies inside

Design Outdated
By Tom S. on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car somewhat reluctantly. It's far less expensive than my first choice, the BMW X5, about the same as an MDX. Frankly, the Mercedes-Benz badge made it the choice over the MDX. Has a simple, somewhat rugged exterior without being pretentious (Lexus RX300 and Mercury Mountaineer). Got just the minimum: Luxury and Convenience package with the Bose sound system.

ML320 Report
By cwlghl on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We have 7,000 trouble free miles with our ML320. With the red exterior we get numerous positive comments concerning it's looks. The 320 engine is quick off the line, but lacks punch above 40 MPH. Fuel economy has been acceptable, nothing to write home about. It's holding it's value, which is one of the reasons we selected a Mercedes. I'd buy another one, but I'd opt for the V-8 version.

Excellent Choice
By Jim C. on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For the safety features--it's almost a mobile air bag--the build quality, and all the comforts this was an easy choice vs. American competitors. Some say a little pricey, true, but my dealer took off $3800 by the end. Rare for MB.

its the best
By kirk on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

i have just purchased an ml500 with all the options and features its amazing it drives like a luxury sedan,its roomy,comfortable,powerful and capable

2001 ml 320
By benantioch on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

9000 miles on a new 2001 ml320 has been uneventful. no service of any kind has been required.

Mercedes ML 320
By Piethein on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 1998 ML 320, liked it well enough to get the 2002 model and am extremely impressed wit the improvements. Ride, sound system, options are superb

Great SUV
By lookdeeper on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at all the luxury SUV's out there and found this one was the best for my needs. More head and leg room than Lexus RX300 and better price than the BMW X5. I have had it for 6 months so far and have had no problems not even a squeak.

GREAT TRUCK!
By ROB on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

THE ML320 IS ONE OF THE EST VEHICLES I HAVE EVER OWNED! IT SO ROOMY AND COMFORTABLE, I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE LOOKING FORA NEW TRUCK/SUV.

Cool car
By xolilmariaxo on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just brought the ML320 and i think it is a great car. Easy and fun to drive. I also have the SL500 and the Ml320 is more comfortable. Easy to park. Looks great in every color. Eats a lot of gas. oo the acceleration is not to great, you can push the accelerater down to the floor and the car will still go the same speed, it needs a few seconds to build up. Other then that i think its a great car.