2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Bad transmission for 2006 4matic
By eastsidejl on 10/18/11 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 06 is currently under MB Manufactures warrantee and I have been fighting with MB to replace my faulty transmission. At 28 mph, it skips. MB tells me there is nothing wrong and this is normal performance!!!! I am filing complaints with every agency. I paid an extra $2k for my extended warrantee when I bought my certified used MB and MB will not fix this!!!! I would NEVER buy this car!!!!!

Great Car
By williebegoode on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ever since I first saw the exterior styling of this E350 I've wanted one. The style was continued until 2009, and then changed in 2010 to a more angular look. So the 2006 looks exactly like the 2009 and the same model before it. This model has more pep than I realized, and I like the details and safety of the car. Very comfy.

A lot of car
By williebegoode on 07/28/10 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was pulling out of a parking lot onto a busy street, and a pickup truck was bearing down on me; so I gave it some gas—it let out a low roar and went into hyper space. I did not expect that kind of performance, but it was there when I needed it. I've always liked the design of this model on the outside, but the inside is gorgeous too. I'm using a car cover—my last Mercedes Benz (bought new in 1983—240D) lasted me 16 years; and I hope this one does too. The car cover helps keep the nicks and scratches down and protects it from UV rays-- looks like new for life!

Great car
By Fred on 07/10/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car almost two years, bought it MB certified but have had zero problems with it. Driven on on trips, heavy traffic, everything and the car handles it all. Was even great in the snow last winter. Highly recommended.

Off lease purchase
By Steve on 10/24/09 06:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchases this 350E AWD w/17200 miles on it. Beautiful vehicle. My 4th Mercedes. No complaints on vehicle purchase. Love the car. Whisper quiet on highway.

You need to get one
By Greystone on 07/21/09 14:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car with 25,000 miles on it, former lease. Maybe I am easy to please, but this is one GREAT car. I paid just over HALF price of a $59,000 sticker, and get all of the bene's. Parktronic, which I NEVER would have chosed, Harmon audio, sunroof, etc. Love the auto door locks at 9 MPH, in dash NAV, rain sensitive wipers and Bi Xenon's. Trunk is spacious for golf clubs and 7 spoke wheels are easy to clean. Tires are low ENOUGH (245) profile, but not low enough to worry about potholes. The car drives heavy. It is not nimble. I would highly recommend for HWY, but not nec for City driving. My first MB, and my first used car ever in 25 years. I may nvr buy new again. Certified. Do it.

No Complaints-Great Buy
By DSR on 05/22/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car off Ebay from a non-MB dealer Dec 28, 2008. Car had 29K miles. Still has balance of warranty. This car has a build date of March 07. I'm guessing whatever problem history the 06 E350 4matic had was cleared up by the time mine was built. Car performs well and has been reliable since day one. Paint, fit & finish is exceptional. Like the all black look. Paid less than $20K for the car because the market is in the tank and I smile every second behind the wheel knowing my brother-in-law paid more for a 06 Toyota Avalon. I kept my other car a '94 E320 that I've had for 12 years with 100K miles because I just can't part with it. No complaints with this E350 4Matic!!

Great Ride
By Bob on 05/21/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Comfortable ride, steering is a little loose but this is not a sport model. We bought this car as a turned-in- lease with 41K miles, we paid a third of the sticker price new, it is a certified used which extends the warranty to 100K. Overall I like this car, however I would never pay $60K for this car new, it just is not worth it, for $20,000 it's great!

Wow, nice car
By bradkurtz on 05/16/09 05:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Picked this up as a MB certified used car and I am much impressed. On paper my wife's Acura RL should drive better, but it doesn't. This car is amazing and fun to drive when ask it to, while at the same time being ultr-lux when you want it to be. The 7 speed auto keeps the car in the highest torque zone in sport mode, and makes it feel like a much more powerful car. Great work, my first Benz, it won't be my last.

Outstanding
By Al on 01/06/09 08:01 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are delighted with our purchase. Picked up in a snow storm; drove for 5 hours in less than pleasant conditions; unually comfortable and very stable in difficult conditions. Quality of workmanship superb.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.