2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Stay away from the airmatic suspension
By robert davis on 07/26/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With 1500 miles on my new E class a red message came on the dash, "do not drive-stop the car now" The airmatic suspension failed and the car looked like a "low rider" I had the car towed and four days later it was repaired. The control module failed along with a few other things. This module is approx. $3000 , what a nice thought down the road. The brake pedal squeaked, the door trim is a light color with no door sill so it is always dirty, (replaced once), the wipers were noisy and chatter and Mercedes doesn't seem to know what to do. I had to put white lithium grease on them to stop the squeak. Noticed this when I went to pick up the car after four days in the shop. Stay away from MB .

Finally
By Loren on 07/16/05 01:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

A sedan that sends most sports car owners running to their therapists. Just incredible to haul groceries in comfort, and humiliate most Porsches at the same time.

Best choice!
By benz on 06/30/05 13:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I am so glad that I had chosen this over Lexus. Sure Lexus is reliable, but very boring and unoriginal. Also, absolutely no problems ever! Not one! Only time I went to the dealership was to buy the car, and have it washed! I love the interior design and soft leather and seats!

What's missing from this car? Not much.
By Sam on 06/29/05 10:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Apart from having a few too many options for being an MB, this car is otherwise perfect. 369 ft/lbs torque at 1800rpm... 0-60 in 6.6 (I timed it twice).. and passing power like the best sports cars I've driven. All with 37mpg (observed by me). Built like a tank, safest sedan sold in the US (IIHS Study).. Mercedes Benz build quality and materials..

E320 CDI Review
By Scott on 06/16/05 23:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased my 2005 CDI in March. It's a great car! Powerful, great mileage and range, and very quiet at cruise. I get bored with cars quickly, but can see myself driving this one for a while. I wish it had bluetooth - Mercedes needs to get busy with this option. I thought I would not appreciate the dynamic seats, but wow...they really help with support taking aggressive corners. If you are going to purchase an E-Class, this is the one to get.

Beautiful Car
By LDEITELL on 06/16/05 20:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I tested everything including Infiniti M45, BMW 545 and Lexus 430. The Mercedes was far and away the most elegant. I bought the sport package, which gives dual exhaust, sport tuned suspension, and AMG wheels. The ride is firm, but not too hard on city streets, and performance on the winding canyon roads is awesome. I have a slight "clunk" in the stepdown from second to first gear which needs looking at. Other than that, it's the greatest car I have ever driven

MB E320 CDI
By RBinford on 06/12/05 17:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We had a 2002 Mercedes C230 prior to this vehicle and it was wonderful. However, after having a child we decided that we needed a larger car. We looked at all of the different models of the E-Class and decided after driving all and talking with our sales rep that the 2005 E320 CDI was our best option. We haven't regreted it one moment.

Enjoy
By Hobgood on 06/12/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd E-Class and without a doubt the best. Great reliability, good ride, better gas mileage, good responsiveness, and it's comfortable.

Marylander
By Marlylander on 06/12/05 10:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Since the new CDI arrived, I had been wanting to buy one. I have been happy ever since I bought this car. It is fun to drive, and gets more than excellent gas mileage. I average 650 miles between fill-ups. Then interior is comfortable and well designed. Sound system is great also.

My favorite Mercedes
By Cathy Weil on 06/12/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Mercedes purchase, first was the C230, second the S320, and now this model. While I enjoyed ownership of all previous Mercedes models, this sedan suits me the best. It is a perfect size and style. It is comfortable, yet fun to drive. The sound system provides great listening for my opera or rock CD's.