2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews 16

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
a geat car
By Victor G Zilinskas on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned, in the past, BMW M3 and 540i, MB S500, etc. By far, this is my favorite car. Great balance of performance, luxury, size, and it is beautiful. I believe that the time of 5.8 seconds of 0-60 is accurate. The cornering ability, with maximum stiffness of suspension, rivals the BMWs. The fun factor is the tops. All in all, my favorite car of all times.

Fantastic Car
By JSchwartz on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We have had for one month. Combination of city (DC-Baltimore) and highway (I95) driving. Fun to drive, fuel economy is fantastic. This is our 2nd Mercedes and we love it.

So far, so good
By trg on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

So far, so good- everything has been 100% reliable. Handling is outstanding. The 7 speed transmission is the best automatic that I've seen. Economy is better than I expected (20+mpg).

Who Needs a Hybrid?
By JRLind on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Excellent Car--Great Drivetrain. American drivers won't believe it's a diesel. This car seems too good to be true. It is quiet, economical, luxurious and powerful.

Newer E320 Wagons
By SandyF on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

WE upgraded from a 2000 wagon. The 2004 model amazed us in the improvements both on the inside, but more importantly on the drive. The newer models start from a stop faster and they corner even better. Only negatives really are the price and the reduced head room for the rear (3rd) seat.

2005 E320 CDI Review
By JCAS on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

A fantastic car to drive! Great fit and finish. Love the acceleration...better than my previous Q45. Stalks on the left side of the steering wheel take some getting used to and the cup holder layout in the front is abominable. I would highly recommend this automobile! A lot of fun!

Still Improving
By J Moran on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With less than 3000 miles the AC went out . This should not Happen, but it has with outher models. Quality Control seems to be slipping.

2005 E320 CDI
By DaveMac on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

It is fun to drive and fast. Great handling and drives well. My second "E" class, but most favorite to drive.

THE E320 CDI LET'S ROLL
By Clark D. Williams on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Undoubtedly the best car I have ever owned. The performance and handling even compared to the basic model is without comparision. So far I've had 4600 miles of trouble-free driving. It's very quick with it's 369 lbs of torque and will even squeal if you're too heavy footed all while still delivering outstanding fuel economy.

BIG PROBLEM
By BIG PROBLEM on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Purchased new for my wife, It was in shop more days than she drove it, They said it was a computer problem, who knows? Had a S-class before, will purchase LEXUS for her. Let M/Benz get the bugs out of this one first!!!!