2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
I love my E500
By Rob D. on 12/07/08 18:29 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car. I have owned Hummer H2's Lexus LS400 and SC430's, Cadillac DeVille's, MB c240's etc. The E500 is by far the best I have owned. It's fast as hell ( my best 1/4 mile time is 13.9 at 102mph with a few chips) smooth riding, great pickup sexy looks and extreme attitude. You can't mess with this car it messes with you!

Teutonic Elegance.....but will it last?
By Don Levison on 08/25/07 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I both love the car. Although a utilitarian vehicle, we sometimes think we're driving a sports car. The interior comfort, ride and handling can't be beat. Our car was described by Mercedes technicians and sales reps as "bullet proof". Mechanically, it has been, but if only they had kept the electronics simple and more reliable. The car regularly flashes inappropriate warning lights on the dash, emits "beeps" while driving with no known reason and the satellite radio has been erratic and unreliable. To check the oil level, you need to access the owners manual and go through a series of commands to reach the correct screen. Overall, a great car. We just hope it holds up.

E320 wagon
By slo356 on 08/20/06 12:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

One of the better cars I have owned. Not as good as the '82 or '93 M/B sedans I purchased new way back when, but very good compared with what ever else is out there. Audi maybe the only other better car. I had an S4 Avant before this M/B Wagon and it was actually finished better, also much faster. The MB e320 wagon can acheive 28-29 mpg if you stick to 65-70 mph. Electric rear tailgate is a must!

Happy with E320 wagon
By slo456 on 04/02/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This has turned out to be an excellent purchase choice for a luxury car. Went with a wagon instead of a sedan and very happy to have done so. Much more flexible, better ride and handling. Constant 24 to 26 mpg on daily 30 mile freeway commute. Best mileage on long trips around 28 to 29 mpg. The electric rear tailgate door is a must. Makes grocery trips and other loading with hands full a breeze. Very comfortable ride and handling in town and out on the open road.

Best car I've ever owned
By beachbumm on 01/13/06 07:38 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second E-320. Both are fine cars, but the 2005 is clearly the superior machine. I think the best one-word description for this car is "precision". It is fun to drive and does exactly what I expect. In the first six months of ownership there have been no problems at all. Having suffered quality issues in recent years, Mercedes has returned to the high standards of old with a car which seems nearly bulletproof.

The Regal E500 Sedan
By Mercedes Masterpiece on 05/29/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven 3 Mercedes, ML320, ML65, E320 4matic. The E500 is by far the best Mercedes I have ever owned. I love the luxury which the ML lacked. The reduction in wood on the doors is, in my opinion, a loss of style. The performance is okay. I will buy a Mercedes forever.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Outstanding Auto on 04/09/05 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I couldn't be more pleased with this auto. The advanced sound, control, navigation and safety features make this one of the best MB's I've ever owned. A good value for the dollar.

Super Car!
By Alan B. on 03/23/05 07:57 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Solid, smooth, handles well and is a wonderful alternatve to a bulky, poor-handling SUV! This wagon drives like a sedan, is comfortable like a sedan, yet has tons of storage space. My only complaint is the usual problem with the stupid headrest that travels upward, whether you move the seat back or forward. Mercedes needs to fire the engineer who designed this bizarre feature into the car! Other than this, the best car (wagons) on the road. Had an Audi Allroad and this is FAR superior in all respects!

Newer E320 Wagons
By SandyF on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

WE upgraded from a 2000 wagon. The 2004 model amazed us in the improvements both on the inside, but more importantly on the drive. The newer models start from a stop faster and they corner even better. Only negatives really are the price and the reduced head room for the rear (3rd) seat.