2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Sobering Realization
By bizzybee81 on 04/01/13 13:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After 5 years of ownership, having purchased new, once my extended warranty (5 yr, 100k miles) ended, the sobering realization that major repairs costing more than the car is worth was a wake-up call. I'm being told by the dealer and MBUSA that the 7-speed transmission and torque convertor has to be replaced at a cost of $7k. With just barely over 130k miles, this first generation tranny is now defunct. It turns out it was a sealed transmission with no prescribed maintenance schedule to prevent problems. I'm told metal seems to be floating around and it has to be replaced -- at full cost to me! What OEM does that?? Add to that another $8k in other repairs, and $15k!! Last MB I'll ever buy.

FIVE YEARS AND HAPPY
By FIVE YEARS OF FUN on 03/25/10 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in December 2004 for my wife and we have enjoyed the car a lot. The car has been pretty good as far as problems. If I were thinking of buying a used one I would check the service record of the car and if it did not have a problem history, I would buy one. I have found in driving Mercedes Benz it really depends on if you get one that is made good or one that is a lemon. I have had both in my 30 years of Mercedes. They are very expensive cars to buy and to maintain but style and good looks and the Mercedes emblem never have come cheap.

Best car ever
By MansBFisHisMercedes on 03/12/10 20:45 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for a couple months now, and I have never been so happy driving it.I'm a BMW person, and when I drove this,I don't think I want to have anything else but a Mercedes.The CLK has a timeless styling, that no other car could match.The pillarless design is genius, reduces blind spots and gives the car that sporty look.The cars performance is great actually,but it could use some more push. The car makes me feel real safe, and when I close the door it makes me feel like I got into a tank.The cars interior is one of the best out there,I got everything but cooled seats and parking sensors. Seats are real plush, and they hold you in in tight turns.The Front logo is my favorite.

Blown Away
By Picky on 02/16/10 10:45 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I just bought this car, but drove Lexus, BMW and other MBZ models before purchasing and there is not comparison. It handles amazing and the shifters give it the feel of a manual transmission without the annoying clutch. Feels roomier inside than other models and reeks of luxury and performance. I will have a hard time going down in class of car after this one. It is the most fun car I have driven and it is hard to leave it parked for long.

Tires leaking air - AMG wheels
By MaryF on 10/17/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

First I would like to say that I love this vehicle. However, I am having one tremendous problem. My tires are leaking air randomly, about every 2 to 3 weeks, to the point of being flat. I replaced the tires 18 months ago but I am still having this problem even more often. I've taken the car to the tire dealer at least half a dozen times and he has sealed the rims but told me the chrome on the AMG rims is bubbling inside the bead rim and is causing the leaks. I don't know if he is just trying to sell me new rims or what the deal is. Anyone else having this problem?

Summer Ride
By Sean on 03/01/09 17:53 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have a triple black CLK 500 convertible. It is very fun to drive with that V8 under the hood! It handles great and rides like a dream!

2005 CLK 55 AMG
By Mike Evans on 11/08/08 08:16 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my CLK 55 AMG convertible is Southampton NY. The car is fast, handles very well and is terrible on gas. (but I knew that from the start) The interior could use some work, especially the rear seats (just make it a 2 seater) Navigation system is onpoint, sound system is clean but confusing. (still havent figured out how to change the clock time) I do get compliments on the car evertime I leave the driveway.

This is an excellent choice!
By Michael Stuart on 10/02/08 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is everything I'd hoped it was. Very powerful and responsive V-8 not only delivers but is comfortable to drive. I'm 6'0" 205lbs and my only comfort issue is that it sits so low that it's a bit difficult to get in and out of

Classy chassis
By RedRocket on 02/05/08 07:13 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving this feat of engineering for 1 month waiting for the winter to die so I can drop the top. Yesterday was just warm enough. What a thrill! I felt like a million bucks. Everything is so automatic and intuitive. Everything works exactly as designed. Being a designer i appreciate the complexity while being simple. the only engineering that may need work is the audio system controls which are a bit confusing. Hopefully, God willing, I will never own a lesser vehicle.

Beautiful Car: Horrid Reliablitiy
By Autooracle on 11/04/07 18:28 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Reliability issues. Climate control: 5 times in the shop for now, and going in now for the 6th. Rough Idle: 4 times. Seat belt motor: 3 times. Driver's seat motor. Rain sensor activating on a dry windshield. Reverse Ttilt for rear view mirror: repaired 4 times. Radio: 2 times. Steer clear. Overall reliability of electrical items is horrid.