2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
A big dissapointment
By Carol Braester on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

My car is C240 Elegantmodel 2001. The troubles I had with this car were: After one year I had to change the original battery. After driving 30,000 km only, had to change the very expensive controlers M 209 545 07 01 and M 203 820 15 85. After a total of 40,000 km I had to change again very expensive parts: the pedal complet sensor M 203 300 01 04 and the oxigen sensor M 001 540 46 17. DaimlerChrysler AG70546 Stuttgart (Möhringen)Germany, the manufacturer, avoided replying to my complains and directed me to the dealer.

Consumer Review
By Jeff Devine on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Excellent car...I will buy another MB when I look for a new car.

Love this car!
By LeQuon on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I drove an SLK 320 and traded it in for c320 because I wanted a car that was more practical. I don't know why there are bad reviews about the car, I guess some of these people were unlucky and got the defects. Anyhow, I love this car! It is smooth, luxurious, and comfortable. I can't ask for more! I haven't had any problems since.

Bang for the buck
By Phil40 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

My c240 is a 2002.Great car for the price.An affordable luxury car with a lot of amenities. The c240 runs and rides like cars of a bigger size. The mileage is excellent, as I have attained 23/24 mpg city and a surprising 32 mpg highway. The 240 takes turns and curves with ease and is very smooth. The engine is highly responsive when the demand is put upon it.After owning this car for 2.5 years, it is like getting into a new car every time. Would not hesitate purchasing this product again.

Going back to BMW
By flightgo on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Thought I'd go for the best and trade up to a Mercedes. Like the lines, fit/finish and the little star on the front hood, but stops there. As others say, Mercedes doesn't know how to make competitive price car w/quality. Electrical problems in and out of shop. 2 new computers, joke of a phones system, alarm goes off driving down small town main street, different lugs for spare, radio is aweful, computer locks up all the time requiring a park, off engine and restart to clear. Auto transmission is a dog and engine should show more strength. Sorry, but that's the way it is...

worst vehicle purchase
By Quincy on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car needed lots of attention, it liked the shop very much because it stayed in there. This car had more warranty claims then all the cars i have had put together. On top of that the service dept was no better, poor customer service, no communication, voice mail runs the shop, they give you Toyota loaners, huuummmhh. They return your car in worst condition then when you dropped it off, grease, finger prints, smudge.....I could go on and on..

C32 AMG Toronto
By JiJ9J9 on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Hot Hot Hot!!! A sleeper that performs like a Corvette and seats four customers for business luncheons.

Dream Car
By SusanBenz on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing can beat a Benz

Dream Car
By agh19 on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted a Mercedes-Benz Since I was 15, and this year for my 19th birthday i got 2004 mb c320. i love everything about it, the car rides great , lots of power and tons of luxuxry features.

Danke M-B!
By Raylin on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

A4, IS300, 325i, G35, TSX, look out and make way! Everything I wanted in performance and near luxury are in my new c230 sport sedan. Engine is responsive even when cruising in 6th! The upgraded vented discs up front are great for braking. The smooth lines and moldings separate this from the non sport version. The 5 spoke 17" wheels and performance tires are really the best exterior statement. Not only will a proud owner get the respect and looks from other drivers, but the car makes an overall "I've arrived" statement. The best value ever for your hard earned dollar. What are you waiting for?