Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Geat Car For The Money
By Mouse

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Been a very good car (close to 100K miles now). The only failures have been the hood struts, pano roof, and the multi function display. Both hood struts and MFD are easily fixed by anyone with the slightest mechanical skill. Pano roof is basically unfixable because of the significant cost (and lack of utility anyway). Handles very well had has adequate power. A bit slow off of the line though. Very practical as it is a hatchback and storage is generous. Rear seats fold down which gives even more cargo room. Simple to maintain yourself (both A & B service). Get one used with the leather interior and the Bose sound system (sound is excellent). Avoid the pano roof if possible. I give it an A-

Favorite Features

Bose sound system Summer/Winter suspension modes V6 engine Leather seats very comfy Oil check system is great (no need to open hood)

Suggested Improvements

A pano roof that is not prone to failure. Same for the multi function display.

Little Benny Coup
By Doug

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

One owner, 40 k miles, has never been in the shop except for scheduled maintenance. Not too many of the V-6 coupes imported, hard to find in USA. Fast, fun to drive and gets great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Hugs the road, turns on a dime.

Suggested Improvements

None

If Mercedes Benz built a Mustang
By RGrant

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

If Mercedes Benz built a Mustang; this would be it. I have had my C320 coupe for almost 3 years and a little over 30K miles. It is one of the rare ones equipped with short throw a six speed manual. (Less than 50 C320s with manuals where imported from Germany). The car continues to make me smile everytime I drive it. The acceleration is impressive, the handling tight and the fuel economy, surprisingly good. There will never be a Mercedes quite like this one in the US again; too bad. I've heard that the C350 version in Europe (278HP) can do 0-60 in 5.4 sec.

Favorite Features

SLK/Crossfire performance with room for four or very large packages.

Suggested Improvements

Continued availablity. It would have been nice to be able to get the diesel version (45mpg)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C320 - Odd butt, but I love it
By Tommy New Wave

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my 2003 Mercedes-Benz C320 for almost two years and 7,000 miles without any no problems. I love it, and my wife has to tear the keys out my hands every couple weeks to borrow it for the day. It still feels new, looks new, and drives like it cost twice the money. If I could only find an AMG motor and brakes to drop into it...

Favorite Features

The handling, the room (I'm 6'4" and fit great), the power. And can't forget those breaks. Dynamic exhilaration at it's best. My wife loves the panorama roof, my son the audio system. I love the 17" wheels and leather... ah, the smell. Even after 23 months...

Suggested Improvements

Drink holder is flimsy, so we are careful with it, but it works. I have two small kids who love to ride in back, but there is no drink holder for them whatsoever. It needs one back there.

I agree
By mmnbmeyes

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Before I purchased mine, I came to this site.I got the car with the premium pk (C5,C1-elect seats,plus the cd player). It was really worth it to get these extras. This car is sooooo easy to get around in. Big on front seat comfort but easy for parking. So far really hugs the road-will see what winter brings.My last car was the XJ8 Jaguar- so I was used to luxury and speed plus troubles with service. So far I really like this car.

Favorite Features

Driving ease. Get the power seats-plus the installed cd player--great sun roof

Suggested Improvements

power seats on all models- work on the drink holder. include another holder for the cd's--would make it easier to load the player