2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: You've been warned! Don't buy

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

C32 AMG Sedan (3.2L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic)

You've been warned! Don't buy it!
By RLee on

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I bought this car when gas prices were $4 a gallon in Texas. It looked nice, drove well, got good gas mileage and had very low mileage. I thought it would be a great little car for my 75 mile daily round trip. I paid what I thought was a fair price, and my bank even offered to finance more. Since my purchaser, I have replaced or repaired the following (at 29,000 mi): brakes, alternator, radiator, blinker (and not just bulbs-housing), had major electrical problems, automatic rear passenger door, front passenger seat module (drained battery), CD player no longer works, sunroof just went out last week,drivers seat no longer works, steering control no longer works, another blinker went out . .

Good gas mileage; well appointed interior and nice exterior syling. Still look nice, but nothing works well!

Everything mechanical and electrical. I'm not stuck with a car that has another 2 years of payments and is costing me nearly $1,000 every month or two in repairs. How can I get rid of it? I could have had a brand new, under warranty dependable car for what I am paying for this piece of junk.