Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Could be a better car
By Steve

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoy the ride and drive of my C240. I enjoy the looks and the feel of it. I have pride to own a car successful people own. I do not enjoy constantly going to the shop for very expensive repairs (three different ones in the past two months not counting others). This is not a reliable car. I keep thinking nothing else can go wrong. So many things are going wrong. I don't trust Mercedes anymore. Many times they have to always order parts from Germany. What an inconvenience!

Highway driving, handling, solid build, low noise

Poor reliability. Excessively expensive repairs and long wait for parts.

Best Looking Wagon
By NC Chris

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used for $20K with 22K miles. Has Command system with Nav & Cell phone. Probably best looking wagon on the road. Firm but compliant ride. Handles well and stops on a dime. Averaging about 20 mpg in mixed driving. No squeaks or rattles. Very good build quality although some interior trim pieces could have been of better material. Command system a bit complex but not bad after you become familiar with it. Steering is a bit heavy a slow speeds.

Great looks and performance. Decent storage capacity and MPG for a small wagon. Bose system is fine and voice activated hands free phone is terrific.

Seats bottoms are typical for MB - firm. Nav system is adequate but archaic compared to any more contemporary Japanese product. Requires premium gas. Switched tires from Goodyear RSA to Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads and improved ride, reduced tire noise.

Rock Solid with Slick Design
By jmatheson

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

The exterior design and the Mercedes brand are what first drew my attention. This is an aggressive, muscular wedge of a car with thoughtful Mercedes design cues throughout. I've loved the safety features and it's a blast to drive. I expect this car to last me a while. I chose the brilliant silver exterior with black leather interior. Although the smallest Mercedes, it has all the looks of the bigger Benz. Just a few complaints. Lack of a CD player is astonishing in this day and age. Lots of brake dust on front rotors. Front cupholder is a little overwrought. But, I'm picking at details. This car has class and character. I get more comments about this car than any other I've driven.

Exterior design, proportions, Mercedes cachet, safety features (especially surround airbags), smooth ride, lack of wind noise, solid build, supportive seats, handling, doors close like a bank vault.

CD player and MP3 connections. Perhaps a better cupholder. That's it.

My car
By chesapeakegirl77

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love it. The car handles like a first class car, it has pick up, and it looks good. It's a Mercedes Benz, what more do you need to say? When you're driving the car it will perform as you ask it to. It doesn't drive you. There's even nice trunk room and a spare that includes an alloy rim to match the others, not some metal piece of junk. Good gas mileage and comfortable seats for long drives that dont make you ache.

Pickup and scat for a little classic car. Runs through snow with no problem

Vastly overrated
By mbnot4me

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Having operated a C320 for three years, I now see why MB has become an “average” car in the ratings. It has been one small thing after another, and a couple not so small. After spending $750 for four new tires that did not solve a constant vibration, someone cared enough to see what was actually wrong and found out the car had a warped drive shaft at 18,000 miles. Of course, nothing was said about the tires. This is my fourth and last one (unless my wife changes my mind).

None

Get a cup holder that does not rattle and a trunk lid that goes all the way up and does not fall on your head