2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Smooth and sporty
By PhilK on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A great vehicle in all aspects. Silky V6 engine provides good acceleration and excellent passing power, especially with the TouchShift transmission. Sporty styling almost makes you forget it's a sedan, back seat is good for two people with decent leg room. Trunk swollows 2 or 3 regular size suitcases but not much more.

Not A Happy Camper
By terry5940 on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Back three times for a vibration Between 30 & 60 MPH, & dealer can't correct problem, BAS-ESP warning came on twice. First it was the computer second time it was dirty contacts. Phone had to be replaced approx. 3 months after my car was delivered.

Mercedes 320
By Fineman on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Well designed and confortable to drive. Good handling with smooth highway ride. Excellent climate control system. Reasonably gutsy engine.

This is amazing......
By Elliott on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Wow, I NEVER would have thought I would be rolling in a Benz in high school! But hey hey, look at me now! This car is indiscribable, for 17k (yep, that's right!) this thing is like unbelievable. I went shopping with my parents in Jacksonville, FL for my first car. I had my heart set on a 02 or 03 Lexus ES. Well, we decided to look over at the Benz dealer right next to the Lexus dealership and just my look, I found a black Benz C240 sedan just waiting for me. I was in love! I found the car was a left over 02 demo with 10k miles on it. So far the car is the best ever and it sure beats the normal Civic or Corolla by a long shot!

Not designed for rear seat passengers
By Amy Nicora on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle after being involved in an SUV rollover accident. I purchased the vehicle solely because of the extensive safety features. However, after reading the manual I realized I could be doing more harm than good to my children who sit in the back seat. The manual states that children should not lean against the doors because of the airbages but most children sleep on the raod and they have no where else to rest their heads but on the door. Also, this vehicle has very poor rear leg room for adults as well as children. The rear air conditioner does not produce enough air to cool the rear passangers.

Great Cruiser
By SteveYang on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had more comfort features than the 3 series even has memory settings for the passenger seat. Suprisingly SMOOTHE.... ride for the size of car. All the comparison articles I've read state the same thing. Ample power and handling to get you in and out of trouble.

No longer the best or nothing
By fedakj on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is a fine car, however quality problems are magnified by equaly poor service. Vibration at 33-45mph, mb claims this to be harmonics of the car, otherwords we can not fix it.

C 240 in Maryland
By tjkinmd on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

My C 240 is a pleasure to drive. I upgraded from a '98 Mazda 626 and it has made my 30-mile commute 10 times more enjoyable. Often driving in heavy traffic, I find comfort in the firm, but cradling seats. On the open highway, this car is responsive enough to quick needs for accelerating into a lane change and very quiet in the cabin. It handles well under the direction of tight steering that gives the car a stable and solid feeling. If you're on the fence between this car and a 325i and luxury is more a priority than performance, this is the car for you.

Love it but . . .
By Boricua on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I just bought this car (C- 240) model and simply love it! It's extremely comfortable and drives very quietly. Smaller than the average Mercedes but has big car feel. Highly recommend it! We love the exterior look and the beautiful and easy to use interior features.

Once you go MB, you won't go back
By jbuck55 on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I was ordered my C240 and waited 5 months and it has been so worth it. The color(silver on silver) oozes class and sexiness and I get many compliments on the styling and design. Granted, I would love more horses, but this baby was made to cruise not bruise and it does just that. I would like to see maybe more wheel styles available and also get rid of the useless cassette but all in all I love this car. Will pray NOT to have the problems I have read about but so far so damn good!