Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG - Consumer Reviews

C32 AMG 3.2L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (30 reviews )

Little monster
By AO

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Awesome performance! This car is a "sleeper". It looks like run of the mill C-class sedan but it is real fun to watch the astonished faces of the drivers of Mustangs, BMWs and such, including kids in tricked out Honda Civics, when it rockets off the traffic light.

Performance.

Gas mileage.

our c32
By jhalz

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

speedtronic tranny isn't useful for manual shifting - up or down. Kompressor's whine can get pretty annoying if no stereo on. Faster than my blown '95 Carrera. Staggering high end speed. Straight line performnace is the envy of many a sports car. Very compliant ride over bumbs, giving the overall driveability a great compromise between sport and luxury. Handles neatly, although turn in not as crisp as i'd like. very good brakes. very comfortable. very content to cruise around town at 25mph and get great gas mileage or to tear it up on back country roads. keep ESP turned off unless it's wet, out.

motor. power. brakes. most everything is very very good in the c32.

stereo. kompressor makes too much of a whine. intermittent wipers would be nice.

I Wanted to Love It......
By Giovanni Ferrari

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This was my dream car after reading the previews. I really wanted to love it and keep it for a long time. It was a car that I had to "reach" to pay for but I thought it would be worth it. Boy was I wrong! First the good. The car is fabulous to look at and drive. It handles very well for the level of comfort it provides. The steering could be more communicative like BMW's but overall it was a pleasure to drive. Unfortunately it has had way too many problems. It has been at the shop too many times. I've sold it recently, because I couldn't stand it any longer.

Power, handling, beauty.

Build it better. These cars should last at least 5 years before there is a major problem.

excellent car
By billpa

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

this is a great car. looks mild, but step on the gas and this baby takes off. At first it seemed like too much power until you get used to it

everything

fuel economy

You can't go wrong.
By Conradikal

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I am a police officer specializing in traffic reconstruction. I have seen many crashes involving all kinds of vehicle makes and model. NOTHING impressed me more than a Mercedes Benz. AMG elevated Mercedes to a higher level. Not only can an owner enjoy the safety Mercedes offers, AMG provides the horse power other manufacturers strive to achieve. It has four doors. In my opinion for its price range, it is the best value. Owning one truly gives me the best of both worlds. A car that is built like a tank that can run with Porsches and Corvettes. Not that I do, but knowing I can is good enough. It is a wolf in a sheeps cloak.

My favorate feature is definitely the hand built engine AMG produces. It is truly a work of art. A V6 with the power of a V8. The safety features that is unsurpassed.

I would like to see some of the options available to the E class and S class that is not offered to the C class models. I'm quite sure future models will have a slightly more powerful engine than the current model. Fuel economy is something Mercedes can work on.