2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

C230 2.3L 4-cyl. Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (148 reviews )
great car
By zimmer26 on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is the real deal, and noone was initially more skeptical than me- the only reason I own it now is purely due to my cynical curiosity of what type of car MB could offer for 25k and one drive sold me. I was waiting for the 24 valve vr6 GTI but I fast forgot about it. The C230 provides an excellent mix of ride/handling, quality, utility, value and panache that I found irresistible.

WARNING, I got a lemon(READ THIS)
By adrian cox on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

This has been the worst car that I have purchased. I am 24 years old I finally was able to afford a mercedes and look what I got.I have 16 problems with the in 6 months.I had to a lawyer.I only can use 700 characters that is not enough for me to exlpain all of the problems I which I could.Lots engine, fuel problems, and sunshade failures.

What a Car........
By hazzard on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I have a brillent silver 2002 that I have had for about a month. I can find nothing wrong with this car, it's far better than the Acura or Jag-Xtype, and quiter than both the 3 & 5 series BMW's. I alreay have 2500 miles on it because it's so much fun to drive/be in.

Not Worth My Money!
By Christine on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I am a former owner of a Toy Solara 00'. Then I did something stupid and trade it in for the C230 because when I 1st test driven it I thought wow what a cool car.I waited 3 mons for my order and finally got the car in Dec of 01, I ended up paying $35k for it. BUT I HAD NOTHING But PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR!! continue....part 2

continue from previous Part 2
By ChristineL on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Right before X-mas which was 3 wks right after I got the car, my sunroof stopped working and later found out that I got a deffect one, and it took the Dealer two wks to fix it. Anyways, the front tires kept going flat on me for like the past two months, so I thought maybe I've ran over a nail or some sort so I kept filling it up with air everytime it goes flat and today I took it to a prof. tire shop and they found out that the rim a hole in it! Can you beleive Mercedes sold me a freakin' Lemon??

no regrets
By Teddylee on 03/16/02 01:21 AM (PST)

I was set to buy an Acura RSX Type S, and saw that that the C230 was it's competition. Went to see and test drove it, was immediately impessed. It was difficult trying to hide my enthusiam from the salesman. This car is wonderful!!! A lot of standard features that are not available on the RSX. I don't mind the stares while driving or the questions while at the gas pump. My options included the automatic, sunroof and CD changer. This much car for 28k, what a bargain. If you're on the fence...buy one. You won't regret it.

Great all-around car
By Nick Bade on 03/14/02 13:10 PM (PST)

A little jewel with excellent blend of performance, usefulness and comfort. I owned Integra GSR, went to buy a new Acura RSX. But then I tested the C230, found its performance was similar while it was far quieter and more comfortable at high speeds. Aggressive style with Magna red paint catches looks and praise--while the RSX looks ho hum and outdated. M-B has a winner for people who like quality.

Amazing value
By kennygogo on 03/12/02 14:54 PM (PST)

It's a lot of car for the money. I'm not just talking about bells and whistles features; there are plenty of those standard but Acura TL/CL probably includes more for the same price. I'm talking about real substance that I never realized I was missing before I drove this car. It's hard to describe, but if this car doesn't blow you away on first drive, it's probably not the right car for you.

Super cool!
By myname on 03/10/02 23:58 PM (PST)

I just bought my car last week and it's awesome!! I really like the handling and all the little features and gizmos (I bought the COMAND system). I handles very well. So far the passenger headrest and the pen holder have broken, oh well... I just hope that the long term quality will be good.

mercedes c-coupe
By dickson on 03/10/02 19:30 PM (PST)

this is a great car eventhough it is a little expensive for a hatchback but consider it is a mercedes-benz a famous and well known brand. better than other japanese manufactures.