2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Makes you excited to wake up
By rst900 on 09/11/11 21:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

I bought my 2000 SE 4 months ago and I.m driving it for my daily commute.It still keeps me excited and makes me wake up early than I used to just so I can have more time to drive it. Problem is I've been putting more miles to it than I should, approximately 3000 miles a month, and I get to work late almost every time. But I always get to work with a smile on my face :-)

Still love my miata!
By Vegas Resident on 03/18/08 09:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

Here it is 8 years later and I still love my car. It has only 50,000 miles and lots of love. In that time I have had only a few minor repairs. One was to replace the master and slave cylinder for the clutch system and finally am putting in a new radiator. But what to expect when your summers are 115 degrees with no rain day in and day out. It still purrs like a kitten and I finally had my first brake pad replacement. All other parts still original and no major problems. In fact I think the NB is the best of the miata runs. It gained the necessary curves that made it so sweet. The NC lost some of those curves which was sad and got some fenders that were more RX in looks.

who can complain when they're smililng??
By annabelle on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

what a joy to own, it never wants to go see the Service Dept, it only wants to whine around some turns...Not a particularly "fast" car, but it hugs a turn and grabs the road like a barrel horse....it is tough to make it fishtail,(but can be done, so be careful)...and even though it is relatively affordable, it turns heads. Lots of Bang for the Buck.

Too much fun for very little money......
By PinecrestJim on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

The Miata is truly a ton (almost literally) of fun at a very affordable price. Driving the car gives me the feeling of being one with the road. The car is the most responsive vehicle I've ever driven. Although you won't be the winner in any straight-out drag contest, you'll lose any competitor in the twisties. Mazda picked the perfect winner with the Mahogany Mica body and Parchment top/interior. This car is truly a charm to own.

A fun car to drive!
By fsfrick on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

I find this car hard to fault. It is a great performer and fun to drive. It is my second Miata. If I were younger, I would definitely plan on getting a third one.

liked Miata so much, I now sell them
By miatadude on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

I purchased my first Miata in 1992 and loved it so much, I decided to get into the business in '94 and sell them. I'm now the sales manager and OWN my 4th Miata personally. No finer bang for the buck anywhere - and it comes with a huge family (Miata clubs all over the country.)

Fine Fun
By pg on 03/10/02 18:33 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

For the price, no car matches the Miata for care free driving fun.