Used 2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mazda Mx-5-miata - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Makes you excited to wake up
By rst900

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

I bought my 2000 SE 4 months ago and I.m driving it for my daily commute.It still keeps me excited and makes me wake up early than I used to just so I can have more time to drive it. Problem is I've been putting more miles to it than I should, approximately 3000 miles a month, and I get to work late almost every time. But I always get to work with a smile on my face :-)

Favorite Features

I never did anything myself to maintain cars that i used to drive, this one just gets to you and makes you want to do everything yourself. It's relatively easy to maintain. Parts are relatively cheap and easy to find.

Suggested Improvements

The hinge in the center console brakes too easy. The warning sign paint on the visor falls off like powder.

Still love my miata!
By Vegas Resident

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

Here it is 8 years later and I still love my car. It has only 50,000 miles and lots of love. In that time I have had only a few minor repairs. One was to replace the master and slave cylinder for the clutch system and finally am putting in a new radiator. But what to expect when your summers are 115 degrees with no rain day in and day out. It still purrs like a kitten and I finally had my first brake pad replacement. All other parts still original and no major problems. In fact I think the NB is the best of the miata runs. It gained the necessary curves that made it so sweet. The NC lost some of those curves which was sad and got some fenders that were more RX in looks.

Favorite Features

Engine, gas economy, Fun to drive, easy maintenance, sticks to corners like glue! I have the 6 speed and cruise so that is great for highways!

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any!

who can complain when they're smililng??
By annabelle

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

what a joy to own, it never wants to go see the Service Dept, it only wants to whine around some turns...Not a particularly "fast" car, but it hugs a turn and grabs the road like a barrel horse....it is tough to make it fishtail,(but can be done, so be careful)...and even though it is relatively affordable, it turns heads. Lots of Bang for the Buck.

Favorite Features

Cruise control. Bose stereo *wow*. Buckskin leather. Nardi dash, shift knob and steering wheel. The soft green glow of the dash panel...I love it all!

Suggested Improvements

More horses!!!

Too much fun for very little money......
By PinecrestJim

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

The Miata is truly a ton (almost literally) of fun at a very affordable price. Driving the car gives me the feeling of being one with the road. The car is the most responsive vehicle I've ever driven. Although you won't be the winner in any straight-out drag contest, you'll lose any competitor in the twisties. Mazda picked the perfect winner with the Mahogany Mica body and Parchment top/interior. This car is truly a charm to own.

Favorite Features

Responsive, stylish, economical. What more could you ask for?

Suggested Improvements

Who would complain if this sporty car could also take the flag on the straight track?

A fun car to drive!
By fsfrick

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible

I find this car hard to fault. It is a great performer and fun to drive. It is my second Miata. If I were younger, I would definitely plan on getting a third one.