So good, but so bad...
By DC_Mike on
2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I thought for a while before I wrote this. And I think my title describes my 6s perfectly. It really is all good, and all bad. Great to drive, sharp looking, so much more exciting than an Accord/Camry type. But I've experienced horrible reliability problems from day one. Brakes replaced twice. CD player not working. Engine fan. Power locks. Etc. I haven't even begun to describe the horrible build quality--rattles in the dashboard, driver's seat, passenger's seat, sunroof, headliner, glove box. I used to own a VW Jetta, and joked that it was like a beautiful girlfriend who treated you like dirt--you cared and cared, and it never cared back. My 6 is just as bad. I'll never buy a Mazda again.
Favorite Features
The car is GREAT to drive. Nice power, handles so well, better than anything else in the small mid-sized range.
Suggested Improvements
Learn how to build a quality car. You've got an ok product, but I'm not sure if it'll last until the loan is paid off--my car feels that shaky, structurally weak. Of course, the check engine light that came on tonight might've been another sign. TSX/G35 were the other options, I regret my choice.