2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Zoom! Zoom!
By Navy_Vet29 on 06/03/05 08:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Mazda, and I am sold! This is an excellent car, reliable/superb handling/excellent styling. My only complaint is the rather poor fuel mileage, other than that I love it. I'm sure my next car will be a Mazda as well.

2004 6S - fun, but too many problems
By DJW on 05/07/05 00:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the exterior of 6s and owned 3 other Mazdas. The 6S is less than expected Mazda quality -- less than 1 year/12kms; blinker connection loose, pulled transmission to replace defective clutch disc, replaced defective windshield, fluttler noise when heater turns on - dealer can't fix it, recall on leaky emission, wire falling in leather seats, engine valves noisey, dealer tightened left front noisy axle. Turning radius is WIDE, gas mileage is terrible, Stick is loud when shifting gears, good brakes, good sound system, fun to drive - good pickup and handling. Should provide option for leather package without seat warmers - not needed in south.

A really fun-to-drive family sedan.
By denali856 on 05/03/05 13:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I REALLY enjoy driving this car. The handling is really tight and the car LOVES twisty roads and high revs. Pluses: Driveability, seating comfort, performance (at high revs). Minuses: Base-level stereo is only OK, turning radius is wide, fuel economy is mediocre (~24). The interior is nice if a bit bland, but the seats are quite comfy. The controls and gauges are well-designed and easy to reach/read. Coming up on 17k miles and everything is still tight, no rattles, so reliability so far has been good. I marked down the performance because of a slight lack in low-end torque, but with the 5-speed sport-auto transmission it's easy to keep the revs where you want them when you want to really drive.

I'm lovin' my zoom-zoom!
By Zeta on 04/06/05 09:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2004 Mazda6s from a dealership a few weeks ago. It was used, but had barely 6,000 miles and was in EXCELLENT condition. I was in love with the 6 for a very long time, and I am absolutely delighted to own one. My 6s is fully loaded, down to the leather seats, Bose Sound system and the sunroof. This car has it all, a head-turning exterior, a fun and fab interior, and the 3.0 V6 engine gives you some pep when you want it - yet still remains quiet (a lot less noisy than its competitors). I am very very happy that I purchased this car and I look forward to many great times ahead in my zoom-zoom!

AWESOME
By joelopez on 04/01/05 16:19 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have driven many cars in my 17 years as a licensed driver and I have to say that the Mazda6 is by far the best car I have driven. The handling on this car is equivalent to my nephew's BMW. As soon as I reach my destination, I look forward to getting back into the car. Never had that feeling about other cars (BMW, Mustang, Maxima, Altima, Corolla, Firebird, Cougar, etc.) .

The Other 6
By La Otra 6 on 02/26/05 19:57 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is our 2nd Mazda6 purchase in the last 9 months (see 5 doors of fun - we previously purchased the 5-door hatch). The wagon is just as quick and as much fun to drive and I think the wagon has a quieter ride. Braking and handling is very good, wagon corners like our hatch as well. At 6'5" tall, I have all of the room I need. The leather seats are a godsend in Cleveland winters. The car looks fantastic. We receive many compliments on the 6's, from its styling to the great colors (the wagon is Steel Metallic Gray, hatch is the Blazing Copper)! If you don't want plain vanilla (Accord or Camry), grab a 6 and enjoy the zoom-zoom experience!

A Great Five Months
By Hippyhart on 02/18/05 18:50 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in September 2004, and after five months, I still smile when I see it. As my first new car, I was pleased with the price, options, and Mazda's warranty. Other reviews I've read mention tight seating in the back, but I've yet to hear a complaint. Coming from a hatchback, one of my top priorities was ample trunk space -- the Mazda 6 trunk is huge! The exterior styling is beautiful -- I think it's the best looking car in its class.

3rd but not final Mazda
By Zoomer on 02/05/05 00:53 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We still own 2 Proteges (00 & 02) with about 200,000 miles between them, with zero problems. I'm 6'5" and need room; the Proteges and now this 04 Mazda 6i are terrific, even with adults sitting behind me. Front seat adjustments plus tilt/telescoping wheel make it easy to fit. Stability at speed like the German cars. Smooth acceleration, great shifting, solid braking, and excellent cornering. Power on tap to burn rubber, even with the I4 and still 30+ mpg highway. (No honey, I didn't burn out at the light). This car with the features that come standard beats others at twice the price (ours was under $18k out the door). Mazda is zoom-zoom and more. Get one before people "get it" and the prices go up.

Spend lots of time driving? Buy this car
By rom on 02/03/05 23:22 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2004 Mazda 6i sport sedan after having rented its little brother (Mazda 3) last fall. The 3 was so much fun to drive, I thought a little extra leg room and 4 doors and this would be a sweet car. I did a lot of research and every review I read recommended purchasing the car. The reviews that meant the most were the ones by owners, not tech guys who drove the car one time. This is a great car. I drive 500 miles a week in my sales job and this is definitely a driver's car. Handles like my old BMW. Purrs like my cat. Sometimes I wonder if the engine is running while I am at a light. And after driving a Ford Explorer (gas guzzler) this car laughs at gas stations.

Great Car
By Jeremy on 01/24/05 10:14 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just go rid of my GM car and purchased a M6s sports package. I have had it about a month now and love every second of it.