2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Mazda 3 = BEST car for the buck.
By zoom zoom guy on 02/12/08 23:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Hello to all possible car buyers. If you are looking for a car with style, interior and exterior beauty, performance and even good gas mileage for under 20,000 dollars look no further, this is the car you are going to get. Mazda compares this car to the honda civic and toyota corolla. First of all, bad comparison, the mazda3 surpasses both these cars by far. The mazda3 offers more bang for the buck in every single possible way. You get far more features then both other cars can offer, and these features are included standard, not for extra money. 22/29 is what they say, I've been getting 24.5 miles per gallon,50/50 streets/highway. LOVE the car.

Mazda3 Line Still The Best
By vaclubmaker on 02/12/08 18:16 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Mazda vehicles since 1984 and the 3 series (GLC, 323, Protege, Mazda3) have always been the best when it comes to value, performance, and style in sedans. Bought the "3" to be used by my college-age daughters while Mazda was offering the 0% APR deal (and to avoid the stupid No. VA transportation tax). As with all my Mazda vehicles, the driving position, design, and sporting nature have been retained even in the base model i Sport I purchased. I liked the fact that finding one with ABS and side curtain airbags was not impossible in the base model. My only complaint would be the colors on the instruments. There's just not enough contrast for my 50+ year old eyes.

So Far I Like
By NorCal Driver on 01/30/08 16:37 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Was looking for a stylish car with good gas mileage for my budget. Mazda3 so far is meeting my expectations. Have only driven about 500 miles on it. It has quick acceleration and looks good on inside and out. Love the orange lighting on dash and six disc changer also aux jack is a plus. Glove box is huge and trunk is good size for car. I am getting around 25-28 miles to the gallon, that's with mixed freeway city driving. Engine is a little noisy and first minute of starting up it idles a little rough. I have not noticed much road noise. Takes corners like a champ. Speakers are average, will be replacing with some components soon. If you have extra 5k go with the Grand Touring.

By M3Owner on 01/25/08 10:47 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2008 Mazda3 Sport for my teenage son based on the excellent safety ratings this car received. I purposely chose the "S" model as side air impact bags were standard. Unfortunately we had the opportunity to test the SRS system in a recent accident which leads me to this review so others are not taken in by the false safety ratings that Mazda publishes. The car suffered significant damage on both passenger side doors and in my case the air bags did not deploy. I suffered serious injuries that could have been prevented if they had. When I called Mazda No. Am. I was told there was no one I could speak with and should persue through a lawyer or my insurance. Beware!!

Fun Zoom Zoom
By Happy Zoom Zoom on 01/14/08 11:05 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 3 for cheap reliable transportation, so far not diappointed. Love the response and drivability. I am a 300+ 6'1" male and I fit in the car nicely and comfortably. This car is roomier inside than it looks... Happy Zoom Zoom!!!

Unsurprisingly Suprising Quick
By SA 3 Driver on 01/08/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 3 a few weeks ago and do mostly highway driving. Although the fuel economy is not up to par with Honda, it does better than my previous auto. Road noise is a bit loud over 70MPH, but the car has super handling.The responsiveness and handling makes you feel connected to the road. A definite best-buy for its class. Very Pleased. 2.0L is great, but 2.3L is better, if you have the extra $1000-$1500

The Horn
By Eroteme on 01/06/08 17:12 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Overall quite satisfied. However, I will say I am not pleased with the silly horn, it sounds like it belongs on a small scooter, maybe a motorized bicycle. The bird chirping horn does not match the quality of the car. And I can't say I am all that pleased with the heater, it takes 15 minutes or better to attain comfort, at which time I am usually at my destination, freezing from the cold. Also, the panic button on the switch fob has a range of about 20 feet. My previous car panic button had a much greater range, helping me find where I parked the car on occasion. But as said, I am quite pleased with the car.

Believe the reviews!
By EW on 01/04/08 00:19 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I'd write an online review, but I simply had to come back and confirm that this car is indeed every bit as good as people say. I needed to get a new car and heavily researched the Mazda3 in addition to the Honda Civic Si, Honda Accord Coupe, Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru Impreza WRX and BMW 328. As you can tell, price was not so much of a issue for me as getting a car I really liked. I was worried that the Mazda3 was underpowered and too "economy" (i.e. cheap and mundane) for my tastes, but after driving all of the cars mentioned above I was left with little doubts. Without exaggeration, this car drives and handles like a BMW. I could not be happier with the purchase.

First Mazda
By BBK on 12/30/07 11:56 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I had to buy a new car. We've purchased Hondas since 1980. A lot of bang for the buck compared w/ a Civic. Solid build quality. Great drive experience. More standard features than Civic. Bigger engine.

Good Car
By Mazda Happy on 12/24/07 01:38 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the highway miles that I drive. Very happy with this little car. The only dislike is at the higher speeds the engine is buzzy. A six speed would have been nice. But it is a $13k car. I am happy though.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.