2009 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
LOVE this car!
By Shawn on 08/09/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been a loyal Honda customer for 6 years and had the intention of purchasing a Honda CR-V. The Mazda CX-7 is so much fun to drive, has more room than the CR-V, and is very sleek. The handling is awesome and is just a fantastic car for our growing family, including pets. LOVE this car! When push came to shove, Honda wouldn't come close on the price OR the financing. I think I have been converted to a Mazda driver and may not ever go back to Honda. Everyone who has ridden in this car says it rides like a feather, especially in the back seat. It has a huge space in the rear and is just an all-around great car that is so much fun to drive! The Mazda CX-7 is my new favorite car!

So Far So Good
By The Binnie on 06/18/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

No real problems yet. Only have 900 miles on it

Mazda 2009 Sport
By Rick on 05/02/09 17:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Only have about 1500 miles on it. Broken in very easily and averaged 23.3 MPG mostly around town. Quality is excellent. I bought the least expensive Sport version, no bells and whistles to speak of. Had the dealer install a Sunroof and it works better than the factory. My suggestion, spend the extra money and get more extras. I drive a lot, 35K yearly, and probably made a mistake with the MPG but I knew what it was when I bought it. It is a blast to drive and has great acceleration around town. Zippy! Vehicle is tight with no squeaks or rattles and nothing has fallen off yet so things are good. I would recommend this vehicle.

fun to drive but window worries
By sue sellman on 04/26/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I researched this car for weeks before making my purchase (lease) in January of09. The car is so much fun to drive and is really a good looking vehicle- I have black on black. I have been having weird problems with the car, though. At first I thought it was driver error, but no. Occasionally when I would return to my locked vehicle I noticed the windows were half way down on the front, and the moon roof was partially opened. Once in a while after turning the key off the driver seat would automatically go back. Well, the window thing kept occurring so I took it to the deal and they replaced the main "brain modular". Now it is happening AGAIN!! Unsure on the quality of this vehicle!

2009 GT with Techno Pkg
By ultimate_meenie on 04/10/09 16:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Having a fun car to drive is a top priority for me, at the same time I like something practical; cx7 fits the bill perfectly. The power is good and the handling is excellent. It looks, feels and drives sporty. The tech package is great, lots of nice features for the money. My biggest disappointments so far have been the excessive road noise and lack luster Bose stereo. In terms of gas mileage; Mostly city-18MPG and mostly highway- 22MPG. In my shopping I think Rav4 \Forester are the best all around choices; Santa Fe, most refinement and bang for the buck, CX-7, best sporty crossover; poor man’s FX35-X3-RDX.

Wonderful Car
By Bob Atkinson on 03/19/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

One of the best cars I have ever driven, a Joy!!! My only gripe is the Navigation needs upgrading, but its still very good.

2009 CX-7, 2-WD
By Zoomin 09 on 01/30/09 14:02 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in a 2007 Mazdaspeed6 Grand Touring which I was leasing for an 09 CX-7 Sport. Purchased on a budget and certainly miss all the bells and whistles. However this is a fun car to drive considering what it is. Exterior styling is awesome but the interior is bland. There is considerable torque steer under moderate acceleration. After driving for a few days I wish I had spent the cash and upgraded to the Touring model.

So Far So Good
By desertrat on 01/19/09 17:37 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After recently owning both Lexus and BMW, I decided to try a Mazda this time. Considering I had a questionable repair history with the fancy nameplates, what's the worst that could happen with Mazda? Well after 1800 miles, nothing. The vehicle is fun to drive, handles well and looks great. Only time will tell of course, but so far I have been impressed with the car.

Outstanding performance
By RaceCarDriver1 on 12/13/08 11:02 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just bought this CX-7 this month. I am very excited about this SUV. Drives and handles great. Has a turbo 4 cylinder that feels like a V-8. Awesome power, especially when you need that extra boost to get on the freeway, or just changing lanes. The interior feels like a glove. Fully loaded was the way it came. Even have seat warmers and power seats. Has excellent sound system stock with mp3 and media connections. I Drove all the competions SUV's that were in it's class, however, this was the best by far for money, performance and style and comfort. Excellent SUV. I am very happy and I got a great deal below invoice!

My first Mazda
By hmason on 12/01/08 13:50 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up my Grand Touring CX7 three weeks ago. Drives great, performance is very good. The interior could use upgrade, the door panels look cheap. Overall the CX7 is worth the money and is fun to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda CX-7 in WA is:

$142 per month*