Used 2007 Maserati Quattroporte Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Maserati Quattroporte - Consumer Reviews

2007 Maserati Quattroporte

View reviews for a specific Quattroporte model:

Bad news
By philr43

2007 Maserati Quattroporte DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

It is with great disappointment that I have to report that a car I have enjoyed greatly for two and a half years was shown upon it's 62500 mile service to be suffering from very severe chassis corrosion. The Masarati Quatroporte 2007 is a brilliantly engineered and great looking car but sadly of inferior build quality. Having been so impressed prior to this service inspection I was ready to put in an order for the new Ghibli Maserati however now some assurance that build quality has improved is necessary, also I expect other owners to cars of similar age to mine to be advised to have a inspection done. This may catch corrosion in time and preclude the great expense of chassis replacement.

Better than my Ferrari 360
By RussB

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I am sad that my lease is ending on the QP. The car is amazing. I have owned 2 Lambos, 2 Ferarri 360s, an S600, an Arnage, a 745Li, and the QP is the best all around car I've ever owned. It is built along side the 612 Scaglietti and the minute you drive it you can feel Ferrari in its blood stream. The understated elegance and amazing drive train/suspension make this car my top choice in a crowded field of luxo/performance sedans. Mercedes and BMW simply don't have a clue compared to the Italians!

Favorite Features

That Ferrari feel in an every day sedan. Sexy styling, Italian leather, killer tunes, and the sound of the engine at 7000 rpm makes your skin crawl.

Suggested Improvements

The cover over the instrument pod sometimes rattles on a bumpy road. Other than that the car is perfect.

A sexy, impresive car; it is a pleasure!
By Barsallo1

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Fantastic driving and engine; really is a four door Ferrari. Interior is super. The sound of the engine is like music! Great car to own.

Favorite Features

The Duoselect transmission is great! Love the leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

none

Sport GTs Rock!
By SammySlim1

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT Automatic 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2006 Duoselect QP for this 2007 Sport GT automatic, and it is fantastic! Smoother, quieter, even better inside and out. Love the 20-inch wheels, the suspension and gearing in sport mode, and my wife loves the full automatic. This car gets lots of attention - my wife reports she gets more attention in this car than out of it! Handles perfectly, tremendous power and responsiveness in both automatic and manual modes. I put over 30,000 miles on my 2006 and plan to drive this car daily as well - the more you drive these, the more reliable they are. These cars are meant to be driven. Love this car!

Favorite Features

ZF transmission, interior appointments, sport mode suspension and gearing, just about everything about this car is a favorite.

Suggested Improvements

The nav/infotainment system is substandard, and is being fully updated in the 2009 version. It would be great if they offered an update. The system is serviceable but not great - the one in my Lexus is far superior. Fuel economy - well, if you're worried about gas prices, don't buy this car.

Maserati QP is a Four Door Ferrari
By Limacs

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Executive GT DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I recently purchased the fully loaded Executive GT Duoselect QP by Maserati. To me, QP is a Four Door Ferrari. It's got all the power it has in a 8 cylinder ferrari plus more interior space. It rockets to 60mph in just 5.2 seconds and it has the most comfortable frictionless left and right turns you can make with any upscale sedans. Its got the sexiest engine noise you will ever hear in any car (since ferrari makes Maserati) and has brembo brakes that won't let you down when you really need it. The exterior design of QP is absolutely beautiful and it turn heads wherever you go. The only problem I have is the cabin noise. It is not as quite a Lexus or Merc.

Favorite Features

1. Performance V8 4.2L 400BHP 339 Lbs of Torque 2. Brembo Brakes - Carbon Ceramic Brakes, its ferrari Brakes and its the best ! 3. Beautiful Car Design 4. Exec's massaging rear seats 5. Beautiful Exec's Interior 6. New ZF's 6 speed Transmission gearbox, no more whiplash shifting

Suggested Improvements

1. Fuel Efficiency - 13mpg / 18mpg 2. Not as quite of a cabin as a Lexus / Merc. 3. Ride not as smooth and soft as Lexus or Merc. 4. Inability to control the amount of power you want to put out by the amount of pressure you put on the pedal.