2010 Lexus RX 450h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:
2010 rx 450h hybrid
By cosgrove6345 on 06/02/12 16:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car after careful review from all the usual sources. I am very pleased with my new red car. Comfort package and all the bells and whistles. I studied the reviews and surmised that the way you drive the car dictates the mileage you will get. So no quick starts and using the cruise control when ever possible and averaging 28 mpgs! I live 6 miles from work and drive to mountain bike on the weekends and am getting over 400 miles per tank. You really have to take it easy and enjoy the car to get this but it is achievable .Love the complete voice activation for everything. Just read the manual and you are on your way. Very comfortable and a joy to drive.

Poor fuel economy
By Richard on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this 2010 Lexus RX450H for about 3 months. One thing disappointments me is the actual mileage I am getting. I use it for commute from home to work in San Francisco. So far the total mileage is 880. I have been getting 21 MPG in city and 23 MPG in the city. My combined average MPG is 21.9 MPG. The advertised fuel efficiency is 28 MPG on highway and 32 MPG in the city. Not sure it is just my car or it is the city that has lots of hill and traffic signal. My round trip from home to work is 12 miles. One reason we want to switch from our 2001 BMW330CI (which runs 14 MPG) to this car is hoping to save gas. I have not bring this car to long trip yet, will test that out later.

Very Comfortable and Economical
By Texan Brit on 07/25/10 20:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had the car for 6 months and driven it on two long journeys over 1000 miles each way, as well as commuting to work. Journeys averaged 25 mpg, commute in traffic usually get 29 or 30 mpg which is sensational for a vehicle this size. It's only let down by the plastic finish on some of the interior fittings. It's very strange as some features are wonderful like the soft leather seats and the soft interior roof lining. Contrast this with the plastic finish of the grab handles that rattle annoyingly. I'm sure Lexus will fix this on future versions. Overall though a great vehicle with good economy and pretty good performance overall.

Good Performance
By Apogeelam on 05/05/10 09:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am leasing the RX450h for almost a year now. so far, I like it, but it would be good if Lexus have the service for unlock the door for you if you are the owner and you lock out. I went shopping once at 40 miles from my home, and my key dropped on the seat quietly. I called the dealer, and they told me the only thing they could offer is to come pick me up to get my spare key at home. (but I know even have my home key.) The media USB ports are not convenient to reach. Since the dealer is 38 miles away from my house, I am not sure if a local oil change service could do the oil change for me.

Initial impression
By Burt10 on 10/27/09 16:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very impressed with the RX450h. Excellent comfort and fun to drive. Takes a while to get familiar with all the capability but basic operation is easy and intuitive. Very good dealer service.

Great Car but Performance Lacking
By NoDuplicates on 10/03/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When I decided to buy an SUV, I knew it would be Lexus (quality), and I so badly wanted a hybrid to future proof against rising gas prices. I created spreadsheet showing the RX450h vs. RX350 could pay for itself in 3.6yrs. Intellectually I had justified the cost. However, when I drove both cars (450h first, then 350), I was shocked by the sluggish performance of the 450h relative to the peppy 350. The gas pedal felt squishy, sluggishly responsive, getting up to highway speed felt tenuous. Major disappointment!

1st Hybrid, previous Lexus owner
By Jim M. on 09/24/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had my previous '03 RX in for an oil change and drove the 2010 RX350. I went ahead and placed the 1st order with money and got the exact car I wanted on the 1st delivery. What a technological marvel !!! I truly don't believe there is 'any' competition in it's price class with this much performance, luxury, safety, features, and economy. I plan on keeping this car till the batteries fail, probably about 10 years.

Mercedes to Lexus Leap
By C Smith on 08/17/09 06:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased my 450H about 3 weeks ago. Drove ML320 for 200K and fully expected to get another one, but after test driving the 450H I was sold on the ergonomics, fit and finish, and the gas mileage (twice that of my ML). Navigation system, design and ease of use, comfortable, quiet. I loved my Mercedes and it was a great car; but the mileage, design and comfort of the Lexus won me over. Would not change a thing, except maybe the price. But, compared to similarly equipped cars of this quality, was not too painful. BTW, don't seem to lose a thing in the acceleration. Handling and cornering a little soft, but you still get a sense of the road. Lot of great little features I haven't even tried yet.

It's everything you want in a luxury car
By new450 on 08/12/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car has everything I was looking for -- the SUV seating, the car like ride, the Lexus luxury, the MPG, and a high tech toy. This is my first hybrid and the transition is indictable. Other than watching the screen, you can not tell when you are using gas or electric. It's amazing. This is a very high tech vehicle and you need to be prepared to study the manuals. It's hard to appreciate touching the car door and it opens, then having the seats conform to your driver position, and then touching the start button only to hear the silent sound of the A/C working. Oh yes, and your phone was also connected in the process. This is an amazing vehicle!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus RX 450h in WA is:

$175 per month*