Best Combo of Quality/Perf/Price & FUN!
By mr_eko on
2010 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)
This is hands-down, my favorite car ever. So much fun to drive and it illicits a lot of smiles from people who see you cruising around. Lexus has done an incredible job of optimizing the sound quality with top up/down and windows up/down. Wind is also managed beautifully. While I contemplated the 350, a convertible is made for cruising over racing, so I passed on the extra power/cost and went with the 250C. The seats are super comfortable and my 6 ft tall friend also comfortably sat in the back seat. It's not as cramped as it might seem, but it's not spacious. Trunk space with the top down is comical, but that's part of the deal with a convertible.
Favorite Features
The combination of Lexus quality/reliability, best in class gas mileage, athletic/sporty exterior, luxurious interior did it for me. Plus the residual/resale value for Lexus holds up better than any other make.
Suggested Improvements
While it's not an Aston Martin, the Lexus IS 250C is, in my opinion, the best in class option in this category if you're looking for a comfortable, fun car you can cruise around town in. BMW costs significantly more and the interior isn't as nice without having to pay for a lot of extras.