Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Land-rover Range-rover-sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Most Helpful|
Looks great but disappointed!
By udman2

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love the looks. Had to change out the Continental Tires that were stock. 3 of the 4 had side wall issues. Dealership said must be abuse but I am 46, driven all prior cars with no accidents, no abuse and have done nothing but normal with this vehicle. Chromed wheels at same time. Looks great. Went off=road 2 times into real estate development on new roads just cleared. Both times in area where several other vehicles had 0 problems the RRS had issues and damage underneath. CHEAP< CHEAP ALLUMINUM shield (not steel) just crumples if contact anything. Underside sits so low (even w/ veh in hi) had damage at 2 - 3 mph over cleared area. 0 issues with Suburban.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Extra outlets. Better tires on stock.

Range Rover Sport
By wineangel

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Many problems with our RR Sport. Fuel pump went out at less than 500 mi while we were on the interstate. Car came to complete stop, we were nearly killed. 5 months later the differential went, 1 after that back in shop for transmission problems. Back in shop again today at 1 year with bad alternator. Very unreliable for a $65k car. Love the look, comfort, amenities, etc..., but if the car won't run, none of that really matters does it?

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior appearance. Interior comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Build a car that runs.

great on the outside
By great on the outside

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 6 months and want out of it. I had the 04' Range Rover with the BMW engine and loved the car. I thought the new Sport style was really hot, so I changed models. what a mistake. It's a lot smaller, and seats are not comfortable. The bluetooth is great to have. The side bags for storage are too hard to get to. The center console is narrow and the cooler is great if it was able to fit a normal size water bottle. Key ignition is too hard to get to and the other keys on my chain touch my leg! Car lags and jolts into another gear from a slow stop, drives me nuts!

Favorite Features

Outside of car is gorgeous! Bluetooth is a nice touch.

Suggested Improvements

fix lag on engine, build separate clock on dash, add one touch window control, add tail gate button. Change local of ignition, improve the comfort of seats. Door storage is hard to get to when door is shut.

Major dissapointment
By Dissatisfied

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We have owned multiple luxury SUV's including Lexus, BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne and this is by far the worst vehicle and service experience we have ever had. The sunroof leaks, the glove compartment rattles, the rear-view mirror shakes and overall quality of vehicle does not seem good. Poor acceleration and extremely hard ride. We have owned for less than 1 year and are already looking to get rid of it.

Favorite Features

Adjustable suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Need many improvements to overall quality and workmanship to put it in the same league as a Lexus or BMW.

Garbage RRS
By Garbage RRS

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Great looking RRS, but this car stinks in reliability! 390 horses and it doesn't feel like it. I got smoked by a BMW X5 4.8is. I tell you, who ever thinks this car is some kind of performance machine, is a fool. I have had this thing in the shop for half of the time I've owned it. Garbage! Traded it in and bought a 2006 BMW X5 4.8is. Now this is a car. Talk about having some B-lls!

Favorite Features

Looks and style, and suspension controls

Suggested Improvements

Stop making them, start from scratch, Let BMW or Benz show you how its done, or if not them, since Ford owns them, I don't know why Ford just wouldn't build it like there trucks. I have Ford trucks for my company. Never a problem.