2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Super Duper Charged
By Freddie on 12/30/05 09:36 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

After one week of driving this car, i am amazed at what it can do. The performance and handling are amazing. I looked at other performance SUVs and I know I made the right choice. The truck is fully loaded and is fun to drive. You have the feeling of complete control while driving.

Beats the competition, hands down!
By Dave W on 12/26/05 22:17 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

When I first saw the RRS I knew this was the one. I remain impressed with the AWD technology as well as the verifiable reputation that Land Rover has for "getting you there and back" This is one of those cars that after you lock it and walk away, you look over you shoulder to check it out.

RR Sport SC
By platnim on 12/20/05 04:01 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I was hesitant to trade in my M3 for a family car, but have been extremely pleased with my RR Sport SC. It has more than enough power/performance at any speed to satisfy, has the ability to travel in any enviroment, seats five and has the "park it in the front" apeal to the valet parkers anywhere I go in sin city. Who could ask for more?

Better than ever expected.
By Razor on 12/18/05 16:52 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had previously owned an LR Discovery and wasn't too thrilled with the design or performance. I thought I'd never own another LR until I saw the Sport. I had to see it. Then had to drive it. Then had to own it. The car is incredible. Most nimble SUV on the planet and with classy style to boot. Plenty of power, interior space, and creature comfort features.

New Range Rover Sport HSE in California
By Randy on 12/18/05 15:31 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have about 2,000 miles on the new HSE. Terrific SUV. Previously have had Yukon, GMC Envoy, and BMW X-5 3.0. This vehicle makes the others look, drive and feel cheap IMO. Love the styling, the "Luxury Package" option is a MUST! Much better grade/quality of leather in the luxury option, as well as the "turning" bi-xenon headlights. Wonderful german-made ZF 6 speed automatic. Great air suspension ride. Also have this same supension in my Bentley Continenatal GT and Mercedes S55AMG. Makes THIS S.U.V. drive like a car, not like a truck. IMO, RIP-OFF $130 for injection molded plastic "cradle" that you MUST have to mount the Nokia phone to this model! I love this SUV!

My first Range Rover
By James Daniel on 12/18/05 12:41 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first RR purchase. The reliability has been superb at 7000 miles. What a looker! Turns heads of all ages. Maybe too small up front for a big guy (6'4", 220lbs.), however controls and seats are top notch. Fuel mileage has averaged about 14 city and 20+ highway. I have tried regular gas for several tankfuls without any noticeable problems. Has the best nav system on the market, period. The infusion of BMW engineering (RR's previous owner) and Ford's money (RR's current owner) has created a desirable, competitive and trustworthy product line.

Don't use a shotgun to kill flies.
By Mountainman on 12/15/05 15:57 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

First and foremost, this is a luxury OFFROAD vehicle. Its onroad performance is on par with the best, but when ice hits the mountains or it rains buckets, I remember why I bought the RRS. I've been places on my property in it, that I'd only been able to hike into before. The interior is ergonomically sound and beautifully executed. The subsystems work quite well and most of the complaints I've heard come from folks who, seemingly, didn't bother to read the manual (s). Also, I don't mind the "bling" factor, but don't use the 20" wheels offroad, or you'll run the risk of pinching a rim. Overall, the RRS is head and shoulders above the rest. If you want a luxury car, buy one, an SUV,the RRS

This Awesome Range Rover Beats My Old X5
By LovemyRRS on 12/14/05 22:11 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was fairly satisfied with my old X5 BMW until I drove this awsome vehicle. It fits like a glove with a solid luxurious interior and confident road position. I was particularly impressed with performance during our first snow storm when I engaged the terrain response system. The Rover grabbed the road like a tank and showed no sign of slipping or sliding despite icy conditions. Any vehicle this complex is bound to have some adjustment issues, and the dealer has been very attentive. It stimulates autophile interest, and I have yet to see another one on the road.

An incredible vehicle!!
By Bart Chamberlain on 12/04/05 22:21 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my Range Rover Sport for a month...simply an unbelievable ride. It's a perfect combo of luxury, refinement, and sportiness packed into one vehicle. Gets looks everywhere I go and is a true joy to drive.

One was not enough
By RovX2 on 11/24/05 15:49 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We bought our Sport in Sept. for me. The ride is smooth and the pick up is excellent. I love our car, but my wife loves it more and I couldn't get her out of it so that I could drive it. So we just bought her one also. Two is definitely better than one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.