2011 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Vastly Improved!

2011 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Latitude X 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Vastly Improved!
By wrightonman on

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Due to a growing family, growing dog, growing gas prices, we needed an AFFORDABLE vehicle that was no frills and durable. Our 2004 Wrangler had to go :( The dealership gave me a 2011 "redesigned" Patriot as a loaner vehicle while the Wrangler was being serviced. I couldn't believe it, but I really like this thing! I was always a Jeep snob and dismissed the Patriot anytime someone mentioned the name, I was wrong. It suits our needs perfectly-Thanks Jeep!

Boxy resemblance to my 1988 Cherokee (favorite vehicle I ever owned), tank-like solid build. Excellent highway ride and amazing handling for a small 4WD! Thumping audio system. I absolutely love that I can see all 4 corners of this vehicle from the driver seat. The front is out there for you to see it and the rear ends right where you see it, this gives it excellent maneuverability on and off-road. Turn off the stability control and have a blast in the snow or dirt. This is a fun daily driver that is also really good for a romp in the country

More power would be nice. Why no turbo, may as well give it some extra punch since MPG is just so-so (WAY better than our Wrangler though). Tall people will hit their heads on the open rear hatch door. Hate the 5-6 second delay that the HVAC blower has when you first start the car. And the biggest hate...the single note horn-lol.