2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews 6

2003 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

2003 Liberty Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
weak Jeep
By Joshua

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

While it has decent power, it gets HORRIBLE mpg. Not very spacious. Feels unstable in quick swerves to avoid traffic/animals. Not a true Jeep.

Favorite Features

Has decent get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

Add power while boosting miles per gallon. Widen and lengthen wheel base.

Fun to Drive!
By Janet Lange

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's peppy and fun to drive. It's good looking in and out. I have always had confidence in its performance when I took it out. It does not ride like a luxury car, but like the little SUV it is supposed to be. I would highly recommend it for the young and the young-at-heart.

Favorite Features

Driving it!

Suggested Improvements

None.

SWEET
By StlJeepgrl

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the Liberty for 3 years now, and am very happy with it. If only the gas companies would lower prices! :) I am thinking that the next one will be a Grand Cherokee with a diesel in it ... due out within the next few years.

Favorite Features

The stance, the interior, and part-time 4WD.

Suggested Improvements

Adjusting the rear so the tires don't spin out so easily on wet pavement, and offer more off road options.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Had!
By Jerry Lacefield

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We sadly have to exchange our Jeep Liberty in for a more fuel efficient vehicle because we live about half an hour to 45 minutes away from work. Other than that reason alone, we would not be looking for a car. The Jeep Liberty has been the most fun and the most reliable vehicle I have ever driven.

Favorite Features

The interior of our Jeep Liberty is charcoal gray with light gray leather sides that give it the sporty look. The vehicle overall handles excellent and there is nothing I would change about it.

I looooove My Jeep!
By Bizzette

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep two and a half years ago. I still love it as much today as the first day I owned it. It is very reliable and the gas mileage is really good (considering that it's an SUV). The mileage I get is about what was listed on the sticker. When I need another car, I'll probably buy another Liberty.

Favorite Features

The look, the comfort, pretty much everything.

Suggested Improvements

Make the glove compartment a little bigger.

I love my Jeep
By Javier Andrade

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I had my Jeep for over 2 years and I still love my vehicle. It's fun to drive and very powerful. I like the way it looks and the seats are very comfortable.

Favorite Features

4wd, Light Bar, six cd changer, a/c.

Suggested Improvements

Glove department could be bigger, a few more miles per gallon will help.

CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THE JEEP LIBERTY
By Debbiedearest

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Liberty so far is the most reliable car I have had in my 40 years of driving. Great in bad weather plus you can view the road much better than a sedan which makes me feel safer and keeps me more alert. The color (I have RED) and style are very appealing. It is just a FABULOUS automobile.

Favorite Features

The CD changer is a great feature and the 4WD is also a beneficial feature.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

Durability
By TIFFANY

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

We have had our Jeep for almost two years. It already has 106,000 miles on it. My mother bought one a month before I bought mine and her reading is 13,000. As you can tell we drive a lot. We have really enjoyed this vehicle. After it hit 100,000 we were worried. A slight A/C problem and thats about all. Every morning its starts with no problem. We are expecting a new baby and have to look for a vehicle with a 3rd row; it actually makes me said that we cant get this model with a 3rd row.

Favorite Features

The drive, the look, the durability.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat when laid down does not lay perfectly flat for cargo (at angle). Gas mileage not what was promised, but not bad.

Love my Jeep
By Javier Andrade

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving my vehicle. Like the way it handles the road and the way it also handles off road. I think it is very comfortable and powerful. I like how it looks too. It's been two years and I don't regret buying my unit.

Favorite Features

I like the air conditioning system, the way the light bar looks. It is a beautiful SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Suggestions are that the glove box could be bigger and it would be nice to have a few more miles per gallon. Other than that , I love my Jeep.

I love it!
By naturegirl711

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had Jeep jeep for 2 years and really love it. I didn't expect the gas mileage to be great and it is not. I love the interior; wish there was a bit more cargo space and the compartment space for the front is a bit small. Driving around town with 3 young kids is easy and running errands are no problem. Taking long trips are a bit more tricky since the cargo space is limited. We bought a roof top carrier to correct this problem and now long distance trips are a breeze! I would definitely recommend this Jeep Liberty to anyone looking for a small SUV. It is fun to drive and looks very sporty.

Favorite Features

Remote keyless entry, exterior looks, front cupholders, road handling.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat should fold down flat, bigger glove box and center compartment, better placement of rear cupholders.