Unexpectedly Poor Reliability
By va944s on
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I have been extremely disappointed in having four warranty issues within one year. I have had to have the following items replaced: torn weatherstripping, radiator, and media center. They have been unable to diagnose an issue with the keyless entry fob not working intermittantly. I contacted the dealer about all of the problems I've experienced and they gave me a Chrysler Customer Service number to contact. The service representative was unable to offer any assistance whatsoever, just wrote down what I've experienced and told me to call back if I had any more issues!
Suggested Improvements
There is a Federal Lemon Law (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) that basically deals with various consumer products that suffer multiple repair attempts under the manufacturer's factory warranty which I don't believe is the case here. However, I believe that Chrysler should at a minimum offer discounted extended warranties to consumers that experience as many problems as I have in such a short period of time. One would think they would at least act concerned about customer goodwill after all of the "near death" experiences the company has experienced in recent years:<(